Tuesday 18 May 2021

3 Days Before MCO 3.0

This was Friday, 3 days before Perak comes under MCO 3.0. As usual, our day started with our morning walk.

Sunrise at 7am.
There were less than a handful customers in the coffee shop, so we decided to dine-in. We chose the table outside the shop.
 Hubby ordered the radish pork leg Hakka noodle even though we just had it 2 days ago.
I ordered the fried rice vermicelli.
I asked for less noodle and more beansprouts.
Tiny wild mushrooms sprouting from the soil in the pot after many days of rain.
This is the first time I boiled sweet dessert (tong sui) with sea bird nest. The packet of sea bird nest was from one of the gift hampers I received for the New Year.
The sea bird nest was soaked, washed and drained. Meanwhile, I boiled dried longan, honey dates, rock sugar in water. When it was cooked and slow boiling, I added the sea bird nest, give it a quick stir and off the fire. I gave some of the sweet dessert to my neighbour.
Dramatic afternoon sky at 4:45pm
~~~~~
Our strange combination dinner.
Hubby went out on his motorbike to buy chee cheong fun but the stall was closed. So he bought something else instead. I don't know what this is called, it is some kind of rojak.
After pouring the peanut sauce over it, I forgot to snap a photo.
He also bought the above stuffed items.
The 2nd and last portion of fish head + vegetables curry.
Strange or not, it was a satisfying dinner for hubby and I.
Automatic hydraulic monitor for tin mining. This photo was taken in 2015. I have not re-visited the show room since, so I don't know the status of the show room now.
This was pasted on the glass panel.
Sorry about the reflection on the glass.


In the same way, we can see and understand only a little about God now,
as if we were peering at his reflection in a poor mirror;
but someday we are going to see him in his completeness, face-to-face.
Now all that I know is hazy and blurred, but then I will see everything clearly,
just as clearly as God sees into my heart right now.
(1 Corinthians 13:12, The Living Bible-TLB)

60 comments:

  1. the pot of curry veggies/fish is so delish! i would soak my plate of rice with those gravy! yummzz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nux. I do the same too. Sometimes, I will dip bread in the gravy.

      Delete
  2. All the food above are so yummy including the desserts as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found the most interesting eats, Nancy. I love mine with extra beansprouts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...it looks life a lot of water is needed for tin mining! Thanks for sharing Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That morning sky was so beautiful it almost did not look real.

    We get a lot of tiny mushrooms like that, but usually a bit darker, and sometimes real dark. I wonder if they are the same kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fried rice vermicelli sure looked good and this bird nest looks interesting. Have a good Tuesday Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so good and all the sky shots are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the appearance of all the delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice mixed up post and pretty sky shots! The mushrooms sprouted like bloomed white flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an unusual sky in that first shot! Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/05/i-can-fly.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the food. I'm starving this morning and this food looks ever so wonderful. Going out to eat is fun. We finally did this past weekend when we cruised to Pittsburg. Had some great food too.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review and beautiful photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mushrooms look like flower blooms with petals! I have never seen any like this kind. It is always safer to eat outside.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is nothing strange about the dinner combination. All good food. Love the vegetables curry. Do you remember all the items in the Rojak? I think I see some white balls, are those fish balls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Yes, those are fish balls.

      Delete
  15. It's nice you were able to eat in at the restaurant! I've still only done that once since the whole pandemic thing, haha! Most of the time we do takeaway.

    Hope you are having a good week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mica. We are now under lockdown again.

      Delete
  16. Gosh! The sky shots are glorious! As is the food! YUM! I made Vietnamese Salad Rolls yesterday with Rice , Crab, avocado, shredded lettuce and Hosin sauce. It was the first time I have ever made them and they were tasty but looked strange and not as good as the ones in the Vietnamese Restaurants in Vancouver. They would have been great dunked in your curry! Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Vietnamese food but have never learned to cook Vietnamese style.

      Delete
  17. Raddish pork looks interesting as do those wild mushrooms, from looking at your photo of them they look like flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those skies are wonderful and dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful sunrise sky.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/05/wella-system-professional-luxe-oil.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally approve of your strange-combo dinner. Interesting style of rojak.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...