Tuesday 25 May 2021

Arrow Root Pork Rib Soup & Sambal Canned Sardin For Dinner

This was 1 week before Ipoh starts EMCO (enhanced movement control order). As usual, we did our morning walk and the following bird photos were taken during our walk home.

Birds in a line on the roof.
Birds in flight.
On the ground, we did our walking exercise.
Up above, the birds are doing their flying exercise, circling above us.
~~~~~
Back home, I took out 2 glutinous rice dumplings from the fridge which hubby bought from the night market the day before and steamed them.
Dumplings (bak chang) in their leaf wrappings.
Our simple breakfast with 2-in-1 black coffee.
Both the white and black dumplings are equally delicious.
~~~~~
Simple lunch
I bought these 2 vegetarian bean curd rolls from the roadside stall on our morning walk. I unwrapped one and cut for lunch.
Hubby's lunch.
I took out the previous night's leftover soup, heated it up for my lunch.
I took 2 cream crackers with strawberry jam with soup for lunch.
~~~~~
Dinner
I boiled soup.
Ingredients used: arrow root, carrot, pork rib, red dates and gojiberries.
I used canned sardine to cook sambal sardine.
This can of sardine was bought during the 2nd MCO for cooking assam laksa but somehow it didn't happen.
I used up the remaining lettuce and capsicum for salad.
Steamed rice for hubby. No rice for me so I ate this plate of salad.
Only a small portion of sambal sardine was eaten so I kept the rest to make sardine sandwich for my breakfast.
Dredging buckets used for tin mining.
These were displayed at Palong Tin Mining Museum @ Kinta Riverfront, Ipoh.


Worship the Lord with the beauty of holy lives.
Let the earth tremble before him.
Tell the nations that Jehovah reigns! He rules the world.
His power can never be overthrown. He will judge all nations fairly.
Let the heavens be glad, the earth rejoice;
let the vastness of the roaring seas demonstrate his glory.
Praise him for the growing fields, for they display his greatness.
Let the trees of the forest rustle with praise.
(Psalm 96:9-12, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. You eat so well, Nancy. Crackers with jam for the lunch..that's unexpected though. I like them with tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. I can eat crackers with jam even for dinner. Lol!

      Delete
  2. ...the artifacts that you have shown of the tin mining over time have been intriguing. Thanks Nancy, I hope that you are enjoying a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your food as usual. Do the two dumplings - white and dark - have fillings in them? From the photo, looks like no fillings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the dumplings have filling in them just that they were well hiddin inside.

      Delete
  4. Your sambal sardine - is it spicy or not? If not too spicy then I can eat it with bread. It would be like gardenia sardine sambal bun. I am not sure got this product or not. Lolx! I know gardenia has spicy sambal buns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sambal sardine is not spicy. Actually, I prefer it to be spicier.

      Delete
  5. Your soup must be so naturally sweet with all the carrots and ingredients in it! Did you keep some soup for the next day? Love your salad. And the way you eat crackers with jam and soup for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. There was a bowl of soup leftover which I kept for lunch the next day. Again I ate cream crackers with the leftover soup.

      Delete
  6. I havent had my bak chang, Dumpling Festival is next month.

    Stay safe, cases keep going up. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days we no longer need to wait for dumpling festival to enjoy bak chang. Here, we can easily buy bak chang.

      Delete
  7. Everything looks delicious Nancy. Those dredging buckets are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea to make sardine sandwich with the leftover sardine. The soup looks so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like sardines but the rest of my family hates even the smell of them. I don't know why they like them. Oh well, Nancy have a wonderful day.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is understandable because some sardines have very strong fish smell.

      Delete
  10. A day filled with yummy food. I love your food posts. I'm always hungry when I come here.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like tasty offerings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review and beautiful photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of good variety with your meals. I have never seen tin mining buckets, I guess they mine it differently now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I don't know whether the buckets are still being used here.

      Delete
  14. Your posts always make me hungry! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The birds could care less about lockdowns.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Buckets are big and your salad looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stay safe during EMCO Nancy. I hope our cases come down as 7800+ yesterday was just too much. Looks like you saw a bird wave during your walk. I also enjoy simple cream crackers (comfort food when we were kids) and I have them with butter and bovril. Love dumplings too esp the ones with belly pork and mushroom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Animals and birds don't care about Covid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, covid doesn't scare them. Stay safe, Jo-Anne.

      Delete
  19. Lovely photos and tasty food.Yum yum. Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. La sopa y la ensalada se ven muy bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The salads and all the capsicum (we call them bell peppers because they are bell shaped if you hold them stem side down) look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I have tried to grow bell peppers but so far have no success.

      Delete
  22. You have so many delicious and healthy meals pictured here. Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/05/make-hay-while-sun-shines.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. My mother only ever used canned sardines for breakfast. Until now I don't have it any other time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby bought the sardines before the MCO 1.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...