Thursday 27 May 2021

Fried Noodle, Chicken Varuval & Fried Chicken For Dinner

Lately, I have not been spending much time in the garden. One reason is that I do not have the mood for gardening, and another is that the weather is very warm. I just do the watering and harvesting whatever can be harvested. Due to the neglect, the leaves of the eggplants have been seriously infected with pest. The only thing I did was to remove those leaves that were infested. While watering the plants, I noticed that the chives are flowering again.

The chives buds can be harvested and they are good for stir fries. The seeds can be collected to grow more chives but I already have 4 pots of chives which is more than enough for our consumption.
It is good to slow down and take time to enjoy the pretty tiny chive flowers.
~~~~~
Breakfast
Received a glutinous rice dumpling (bak chang) from a friend. Hubby and I shared the dumpling. Hubby had a piece of bread with coconut jam (kaya) and I had a piece of bread with sambal sardine.
A close up shot of this pretty Cup of Gold flower.
~~~~~
In this warm weather, my kitchen is like a sauna.
A good excuse not to cook dinner, so we had take-away dinner.
Fried rice vermicelli with sambal (Indian style).
We love this chicken varuval, bought from the same Indian stall.
We also bought a piece of fried chicken from the next stall.
Dinner for 2 people.
Evening sky at 7:10pm.
Looked very quiet outside.
Most families will be having their dinner at this time.

Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil,
quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer.
(Psalm 94:19, The Living Bible-TLB)

36 comments:

  1. Both chicken dishes are looking really good. And I love chives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss chicken varuval...and all the delicious Indian dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not easy to get delicious Indian dishes during lockdown.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful flowers and delicious food :) Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vermicelli and fried chicken look especially good. Funny you should post the chive blooms. I just bought a package of fresh chives, and some of them have purple flowers on them. I had been wondering if they are edible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I have not seen purple chive flowers. The buds and their stalk are edible as long as they are tender and not fibrous. Once the bud flowered, it will be too fibrous and nice to eat.

      Delete
  5. Yeah it's so hard to do things when the weather is too warm.

    The chicken varuval looks yums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. Chicken varuval is my favourite.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. All are take away food from the Indian stall.

      Delete
  7. Impossible to cook when the kitchen is too hot. Love the chives flowers, they look so pretty. Are they tasty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The buds are tasty when stir fried with prawns or meat slices. Once they flowered, they are too fibrous to be eaten.

      Delete
  8. ...the blossoms of chives are lovely, but the plant can take over the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if the seeds drop all over the place and start to grow. Then they become like weed.

      Delete
  9. The varuval chicken looks delicious. Oh, so this is how chives flower looks like. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flowers and delicious meals. The sky looks a bit stormy. Have a great weekend Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. Have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  11. Fried chicken & noodles, yum, yum. The flowers looks so beautiful Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a green thumb and oh the food. Yummy.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chive flowers! That's new to me that they can be used in stir fry dishes. Such a pretty edible plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. We used the buds and tender stalks for stir fries. Once they flowered, they are too fibrous to be eaten.

      Delete
  14. I hope you enjoyed the Indian-style recipe. The evening sky look pleasant and cool.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...