Thursday 7 April 2022

Chicken Curry With Potatos And Pineapple

I love to eat hot and spicy food especially during rainy season. I have been waiting to cook chicken curry with ready made paste but I will need to buy chicken legs.

Beautiful sunrise at 7:22am
After morning walk, we stopped to buy 4 chicken legs from the mini market.
I used this ready made paste by A1 AK Koh.
Ingredients added to the paste: chicken, potato, pineapple and low fat evaporated milk.
This portion was for the 1st day's dinner. I gave 1 portion to my neighbour and kept 1 portion for the next day's dinner.
Fried eggs with pickled radish, scrambled style.
2 dishes with steamed brown rice for our dinner.
~~~~~
The next day's dinner.
I have some left over fresh cut pineapple, so I added to the chicken curry.
My neighbour bought 2 stuffed fish with spicy sambal paste for us for dinner. The heads and tails were bent to fit into the container, so I removed them before placing on the plate.
A yummy-licious dinner on a rainy day.
Home grown figs from my garden.
Too much water will cause the figs to burst open and ants will be attracted to the figs so I have to pick the figs before they are fully ripe.

Then he gave them this illustration:
Notice the fig tree, or any other tree. When the leaves come out,
you know without being told that summer is near.
In the same way, when you see the events taking place
that I've described you can be just as sure that
the Kingdom of God is near.
(Luke 21:29:31, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. curry chicken is always a comforting dish! yummmzz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sky again.
    Hmmm, pineapple, great idea. Oh, and figs. I am hungry now!
    And have but boring food at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. Boring never mind, as long as it is filling and satisfying.

      Delete
  3. Very beautiful sunrise shots, Nancy. The stuffed fish and curry are very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sunrise! And the eggs look especially good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Tarja. Just enough for my own consumption. Grown in pots won't have many fruits.

      Delete
  6. You have me craving for chicken curry! I never thought of adding pineapple to chicken curry. I can just imagine how enhanced the taste of the curry would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. I love pineapple in curries including chicken curry. I had more pineapples and potatoes than chicken in the curry.

      Delete
  7. Your dinner looks so yum!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh? Any good, this paste? We used A1 Mountain Globe, so very very nice but lately, it is becoming more and more spicy so right now, we would want to try some other brand. The fish looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer this A1 with the AK Koh. The A! without the AK Koh is so so only. I prefer a bit more spicy.

      Delete
  9. yummy!!! I want to try the last fruit...while before fully ripe...and the other dish your curry with pineapple looks so delectable...it is nice for cold weather

    have a nice day Nancy ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gustyanita. Have a nice weekend.

      Delete
  10. ...I'd like to try the fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can take spicy food, then you will love the stuffed fish.

      Delete
  11. Los higos se ven muy bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a beautiful dawn.

    Your figs look good, and i also enjoy a good curry, but only with vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see that over there it dawns earlier. The figs look very good and you have to harvest them, before they are eaten by the birds around here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Chicken Curry With Potatos And Pineapple dish, especially with more pineapple in it. Is there a special reason you prefer using milk than Santan to cook this curry dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I only had milk in the house so I used milk.

      Delete
  15. Lindos cielos los higos se ven muy apetitosos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been eaten dried figs all my life and they were so expensive because they were imported. I had never tried fresh ones like yours. How I wish I am your neighbour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dried figs are sweeter. The fresh ones are slightly sweet only. You can't feel the seeds when you eat the fresh ones.

      Delete
  17. So far my fav curry paste is Action 1 as the flavours are more intense. Rather spicy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacy. I would look out for Action 1 paste, I want to try.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...