Friday 15 April 2022

Braised Fall Off The Bones Pork Ribs & Blanched Chinese Cabbage

We were ready to start our morning walk and were out of our house by 7:10am.

Sunrise at 7:14am.
7:18am
7:19am
7:20am
7:21am
~~~~~
Hubby's friend recommended a place for breakfast. We found the placed closed for that day so we ended in another nearby coffee shop for breakfast.
Hubby ordered herbal duck noodle in soup.
I took a walk around to look at all the stalls and ended up ordering the above fried mung bean noodle. This was a nice and decent breakfast.
I harvested another batch of home grown Chinese cabbage for dinner.
Blanched home grown Chinese cabbage and topped with crunchy chili oil and soy sauce.
Braised fall off the bones pork ribs using pressure cooker.
This was my first time cooking this and this was delicious.
This was our dinner with steamed brown rice.
~~~~~
From my garden. These periwinkles are all self propagated.
White periwinkles.
Pink or purplish periwinkles.
Deep pink or purple periwinkles growing out from the same pot as the mother-in-law tongue plant.


He personally carried the load of our sins in his own body
when he died on the cross so that we can be finished with sin
and live a good life from now on.
For his wounds have healed ours!
(1 Peter 2:24, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. ...what a start to your day, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some pork ribs too. They look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful golden sunrise! All the periwinkles are pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful flowers Nancy. We're now deciding what to put out on our yard. Any ideas?


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your lovely wife will know what to put out on your yard.

      Delete
  5. Wow, great skies, I love the orange colors you captured. And you certainly know how to order and prepare great food.
    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sky shots and oh the food.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous weekend.

      Delete
  7. I love your noodle dish and pork ribs. I have never used a pressure cooker. You grow such healthy veggies and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gigi. Initially I was reluctant to use a pressure cooker after hearing some negative reviews but my baby sitter managed to convince me of the safety of this pressure cooker and I am glad I listened to her.

      Delete
  8. Periwinkles are so photogenic. Beautiful skies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sky is so beautiful! And the duck noodle soup looks so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Braised Fall Off The Bones Pork Ribs are like very high standard, must be delicious! What marinate did you use for the ribs? I prefer your Blanched Chinese Cabbage dish. The flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Almost the same marinate I used for braised or stew meat.

      Delete
  11. Bloody great sky shots, I liked them

    ReplyDelete
  12. Herbal duck noodles! I would love to try that. They do not sell duck dishes here, other than the few stalls where we can find roast duck or at the big restaurants. Dunno why - we get the frozen duck from Perak, they are inexpensive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, STP. A frozen duck from the supermarket will cost me about RM30 plus.

      Delete
  13. Bellas flores y rico fideos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard the plant "mother in law tongue"
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greetings and Salutations! Those periwinkles are so pretty. It is so pleasant to take a walk when the sky look so pleasant. Chinese cabbage and ribs looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a beautiful sunrise.

    Your flowers are always lovely, and you are an excellent cook!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sure I would have enjoyed the mung bean noodle breakfast. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The taste is quite good. Not every place have fried mung bean noodle.

      Delete
  18. Los cielos se ven muy bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Admire u when u start your day with walk. Lately I am so lazy to make any exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I too tend to be lazy but have to discipline myself.

      Delete
  20. I love periwinkles. Beautiful sky shots. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...