Tuesday 26 April 2022

Stewed Beef Noodle & Char Siew Wonton Noodle At XiBei Good, Ipoh

On this particular morning, the full moon was shining brightly.

Full moon at 6:45am.
This is the best I can get with my mobile phone camera. After morning walk, we drove to town for breakfast and then to the bank.
Unsweetened black coffee (RM2.10) for hubby and unsweetened coffee with evaporated milk (RM2.50) for me.
Pickled green chili to go with the noodles.
I ordered wonton noodle (dry version) with char siew (bbq pork) with prawn dumplings (wonton) - RM10.00
The noodle came with crispy fried lard, minced meat and green vegetable.
3 big prawn dumplings in clear soup. Every wonton has a big prawn in it.
Hubby ordered stewed beef noodle (dry version) - RM11.50
The noodle came with stewed beef with white radish, crispy fried lard and green vegetable.
XiBei Good Menu
#1 - (Ipoh Main), No. 124, Jalan Bharu, Off Jalan Tokong, Ipoh.
#2 - (Branch), No. 11, jalan Medan Ipoh, 6, Bandar Baru Medan Ipoh.
Menu on the wall.
Old advertisements on the wall.
This is our 2nd visit to this eatery. Our first visit was end of last year (2021). This place is known as XiBei Good or Redefine Wonton Noodle (as on the signboard).
Saw this colourful display at one of the opposite shops.
It is a shop selling paints.
We happened to park our car in front of this paint shop


If anyone says "I love God," but keeps on hating his brother, he is a liar;
for if he doesn't love his brother who is right there in front of him,
how can he love God whom he has never seen?
And God himself has said that
one must love not only God but his brother too.
(1 John 4:20, The Living Bible-TLB)

34 comments:

  1. colorful display, so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go for the Stewed Beef Noodle. Your Char Siew Wonton Noodle looks ok too. Do you think of werewolves when you see a full moon? I do. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tasted the stewed beef noodle on our first visit so this time I want to try the char siew and prawn wonton. No, I was in fact enjoying the sight of the full moon.

      Delete
  3. Wah...both the noodle dishes have got me craving and drooling especially now that I am restricting carbohydrates. So sad. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can enjoy some noodle on one of your cheat day.

      Delete
  4. The char siew looks gorgeous! And those plump wantons too. I expected the stewed beef noodles to be the soup version. Looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure whether they have the beef soup noodle. Maybe I will check it out on my next visit.

      Delete
  5. ...Nancy, I love the old advertising and the paint shop is an attention grabber. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not eaten a dry version. I want to try it. Do they have 岐山臊子麵?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure whether they have this noodle but I think their speciality is the wonton noodle.

      Delete
  7. Nancy, I really liked the stewed beef with white radish, crispy fried lard and green vegetable. Crispy fried lard is interesting. I've never heard such a thing.
    Have a great day my friend.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see the full moon. The food looks good, as always! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The menu is lovely artwork, and I love the wall. I also like the paint samples and the way they decorated the wall with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors are beautiful.

    Your food looks so good, i would love to try those noodles, maybe with just vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lindas pinturas y me dio ganas de fideos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cup and saucer is quite nice.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Food looks tasty. Those colours of the paint are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're so generous with the ingredients for the WTM.

    As a kid, I love to play if I could choose only one colour, which one would it be... haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love blue but now I more favourites.

      Delete
  15. No veo mis comentarios. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...