Friday 22 April 2022

Fire Ball Lily & Dinner At Restoran WSF 33, Taman Hoover, Ipoh

This was middle of last week. I woke up later than usual but we still went for our morning walk.

Sunrise at 7:28am
I managed to capture the round sun in this sunrise shot just before we started our morning walk.
I zoomed in a little.
Can you spot the bird (on the right) getting into this photo?
Back home in my garden.
When it rains, we will collect the rain water for watering my plants. When there is no rain water, I will use tap water.
While watering my plants, I noticed the above (flower bud) coming out from the pot of Gardenia plant.
I suspected that the bud must belong to one of the bulbs of the green leaf. I have been seeing green leaves without any flowers and I have dug out and discarded a few big bulbs. I didn't know that the bulbs will bear flowers.
This shot was taken one day after the precious shot.
Fire Ball Lily / Red Ball Lily / Blood Lily / Scadoxus multiflorus.
I got the names of this plant/flower using Google Lens.
~~~~~
Dinner with friends at Restoran WSF 33, in Taman Hoover, Ipoh.
#1 - Steamed egg (3 types of eggs: Century egg, salted egg & chicken egg).
Blanched potato leaves with garlic oil and soy sauce.
Steamed Tilapia with chopped salted radish, chopped garlic and sauce. We requested for a medium sized fish for 4 people.


Dearly loved friends, I had been planning to write you
some thoughts about the salvation God has given us,
but now I find I must write of something else instead,
urging you to stoutly defend the truth that God
gave once for all to his people to keep
without change through the years.
(Jude 1:3, The Living Bible-TLB)

46 comments:

  1. Wowww!!! Looks like you've been eating out quite a lot lately. That steamed egg looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice sunrise shots :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that tilapia has become rhe universal fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the most affordable fish here but eating it too often can be boring.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful golden sunrises and great surprise flower! Fire Lily is a good name for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...the Fire Ball Lily sure is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful green thumb and the food. Oh the food.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely series of shots of the sunrise; the fireball lily looks wonderful, and this is my first time seeing this kind of flower. Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan. Have a nice weekend too.

      Delete
  8. Fabulous food, always so yummy! Love the morning photos, the bird wanted to be in on the photos! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs. Enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for educating us about the fire Ball Lily flowers. Lovely! What a delicious Dinner At Restoran WSF 33, Taman Hoover, Ipoh. I am craving for 3 types steam eggs now. Do you cook steamed 3 types eggs at home?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That rising sun looks gorgeous! I like looking at the different types of veggies on your blog. The green leaves look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning sun 🌄 looks lovely. The 3 steamed egg bowl looks delicious. I like seeing plants you have as I've not seen those since not here in our area. I've lost one plant this year. I enjoyed it a lot. Such is life at times. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures of the sunset and your garden produces such beauty!
    Interesting fool. The egg dish reminded me of Vitali Klitschko when he was still into boxing and came to America for the first time.
    Years later he still spoke of all the different sorts of cheese, in Ukraine back then they had cheese. One. That is cheese.
    We have eggs. From chicken ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. We consume more eggs than cheese.

      Delete
  13. I love your flowers, food, and scripture.
    Have a really good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Nancy for clarifying my doubt about the taste of durian.
    I hope one day I can try it in person. I like to travel and above all to taste the food of the place.
    Greetings from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy seeing your sky photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the Fire Ball Lily looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Fire Ball Lily looks a lot like the spider lilies and hurricane lilies Mr. BA grows in his yard.

    That was quite a beautiful morning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Greetings and Salutations Nancy! What a pleasant surprise .... a Fire Ball Lily. I like the stages of growth besides the beauty of the plant. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...