Thursday 21 April 2022

Breakfast In Kg. Tawas & Home Cooked Dinner With Friends

A friend recommended a place where we can have breakfast. Twice we have been but the place was closed. So on the 3rd time, the place was open and we got to try the noodles and stuffed items. This eatery is named Gerai Makanan Hoi Teen in Kampung Tawas and is facing the main road.

Hubby and I shared the above bowl of noodle with pork tripe with daikon soup.
Our side order #1: broccoli, green chili and brinjal stuffed with fish paste.
Our side order #2: Fried stuffed bean curd sheet and fried dumplings.
Our friends shared the above noodle with roast pork and long bean curry.
Their side order #1: Fried stuffed bean curd.
Their side order #2: Stuffed tofu, okra, bitter gourd and meat ball.
~~~~~
Our turn to play host.
That evening we had home cooked dinner in our house.
Time to harvest the green amaranth (yeen choy) from my garden.
The rain has helped the vegetable to grow well.
Stuffed home grown white bitter gourds.
No chili sauce in the house so instead we had roasted sesame dressing as dipping sauce for the stuffed bitter gourd.
Blanched green amaranth and okras with 3 types of egg gravy.
(salted egg, century egg and chicken egg)
This time the egg white was a overcooked.
Soup ingredients:
White bitter gourds, carrot, red dates, goji berries and pork rib.
~~~~~
The following food and durian were contributed by our friends.
Chee cheong fun from Teluk Intan.
Bbq stuffed pork intestine.
To complete our dinner, we had durian for dessert.

If you want favor with both God and man,
and a reputation for good judgment and common sense,
then trust the Lord completely;
don't ever trust yourself.
(Proverbs 3:4-5, The Living Bible-TLB)

37 comments:

  1. ...it about time to have my breakfast. I hope that you are enjoying a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That homemade dinner looks super, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast looks amazing and so does dinner. You both eat so very well.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous day too.

      Delete
  4. All that I can say is that we went for dinner with our friends and I had steak, mashed potatoes and veggies. It was great.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a great dinner with your friends.

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, yum! All I have is a slice of bread with cheese - but your food makes up for my mind :-)
    At least I toasted the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your own cooking looks a lot better than at the restaurant!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your food is always wonderful! Have a great day,hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you, William. This place is a bit far for us.

      Delete
  9. Your food is always so exciting and different. My mom use to buy fresh beef kisneys and make a gravy and use cornmeal for a stuffing is the word I think of when I think of my childhood. My uncle co owned a met market with his brother-in-law. The grandkids still run it today. They have their own feedlot and raise their own cattle, all organic, no antibiotics. Your photos are always so good too. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organic and non antibiotics beef is not easy to find and if available will be very expensive. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  10. Noodle with pork tripe? I'd love that! Oooo...durian is in season? Or is it available all year round now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The durian is not the seasonal durian. This is farm grown durian.

      Delete
  11. Such strange and different food to what I eat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so different from what you are used to.

      Delete
  12. Nancy, I'm curious what the flavor of the durian is. I've seen it on TV and all I know is that it has a very bad smell.
    If you can answer me in one of my blogs so I don't lose your explanation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some durians are thick creamy. Actually, it is not easy to describe the taste. For some it has a bad smell but for durian lovers, we love the smell. Are taste sweet and some slightly bitter. You will need to taste it yourself to really know the taste.

      Delete
  13. Those are wonderful meals, and i see it's durian season again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is farm grown durian. The seasonal durian is not due yet.

      Delete
  14. I like what you and your hubby had. Comforting for the tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that piece of super green broccoli for your Breakfast In Kg. Tawas. What a heart warming and delicious Home Cooked Dinner and good bonding With Friends. Wow! Is it durian season already? Did you see durian stalls All open for business in Ipoh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lindas calabazas Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Todo se ve muy bien. Feliz fin de semana.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...