Monday 4 April 2022

Steamed Minced Pork With Preserved Vegetable & Home Grown Pineapple

This was the last Tuesday of March. We woke up to a cool morning.

Sunrise at 7:08am.
Starting out on our morning walk.
A friend gave me jar of preserved vegetable and I almost forgot about it.
I used some of the preserved vegetable to steamed with minced pork for our dinner.
I had some leftover curry gravy in the fridge. I added in home grown okras, pineapple and bean curd knots into the curry to make up 1 dish.
Our 2 dish dinner: Curry and steamed minced pork with preserved vegetable.
~~~~~
I think it was end of December or beginning of January this year that I posted about my pineapple in my garden.
This photo was taken end of December, 2021.
This was 7 days after the previous photo.
This was about 2.5 months after the previous photo.
And I finally get to harvest the pineapple end of March.
It took about 3 months for this pineapple to ripen on the plant.
Just enough for hubby and I.
It was worth the wait because it was sweet and juicy.
Wall mural: Kids enjoying jump robe games.
This photo was taken end of year 2014.
I hope the mural is still there but could be quite faded by now.

Linking to Monday Mural.

For you have a new life.
It was not passed on to you from your parents,
for the life they gave you will fade away.
This new one will last forever, for it comes from Christ,
God's ever-living Message to men.
(1 Peter 1:23, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. Yay to the pineapple! Now I´d like some "Toast Hawaii"!
    Love the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that pineapple. Very nice pics. Like the mural too

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow sweet and juicy homegrown pineapples are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool you were able to harvest that pineapple at home. Your curry looks super yum!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That curry will mke me go for another plate of rice! I do enjoy the steamed minced with porridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the curry and the steamed minced pork are appetizing dishes.

      Delete
  6. Oh yeah, pineapples can be very appetizing! I must cook curry one day and put in fish and pineapple in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done growing and harvesting a pineapple. I bet it will taste delicious. Nice mural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret. It was sweet and juicy.

      Delete
  8. Delicious food.. home grown fruits and vegetables are the best :-)
    Beauty and Fashion/Rampdiary/Glamansion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fresh and juicy pineapple! It is worth the wait to taste the ripe fruit.
    A nice meal and a cold morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your vegetable curry and will eat a bit of the Steamed Minced Pork With Preserved Vegetable if there is no fatty bits in the minced pork. Well done on your Home Grown Pineapple. How long did it take from the time u plant it to the time the fruit starts to appear? I heard it takes 2 to 3 years, is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Yes, it takes about that long. Have to be patient.

      Delete
  11. Homegrown pineapple, how wonderful. I've never trying planting one.
    The mural is lovely, hope it's still there.
    Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sami for hosting. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous food and how lovely to have a home grown pineapple! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have so many lovely murals in your town. I love that pineapple and your curry looks great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the food and love that pineapple. I love pineapple.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. It must be quite amazing to grow your own pineapples, and you have all the pleasure of watching the whole process too, capped off by eating the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. That is why I love gardening especially growing edibles.

      Delete
  16. It takes a long time to grow a pineapple.

    Your meal looks so good, simple, filling and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Yes, the pineapple takes a long, long time.

      Delete
  17. Definitely not a chore to eat vegetables in a curry like that.

    Great job with that pineapple!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Muy buena esa piña. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...