Friday 29 April 2022

Dinner At Restoran Chuen Kah Fook, Ipoh

On the same day as we had our lunch treat here at Sun Hung Ting Restaurant, we had our dinner at Restoran Chuen Kah Fook in the same vicinity with 4 other friends.

Evening sky at 5:53pm
I took a snapshot of the evening sky on the way to the restaurant. It looks like the world map.
~~~~~
We ordered the following dishes for 6 people.
Stewed pork leg with white radish (daikon).
We had the same dish for lunch. The one we had for lunch was more flavourful.
Vegetarian dish consisting of tofu puff, broccoli, shiitake mushroom, cabbage, baby corn, glass noodle, etc. I think they put in too much cornstarch slurry.
Taro with pumpkin dish. This is our favourite dish.
Stingray assam curry.
Good for those who can't take spicy food, too mild for us.
Total cost of dinner for 6 people - RM124
(incl. 6 small rice & Chinese tea).
Peacock flower
This plant is beside a field we passed by on our morning walk.


Praise him for the growing fields, for they display his greatness.
Let the trees of the forest rustle with praise.
(Psalm 96:12, The Living Bible-TLB)

46 comments:


  1. Great sky that evening in your place. Arty. The world right up there, nice thought.
    I´d be in for the vegetarian, LOL.
    The flower is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why it is called Peacock flower. It is not the color of peacocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another round of stewed pork leg. Based on the photographs, the one in your previous post looked nicer, darker shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we too prefer the one in the previous post.

      Delete
  4. I like all the 4 dishes especially the stewed pork leg and assam curry. Sure will tambah rice! I remember that peacock flower well. If I am not wrong that is caesalpinia pulcherrima, I remembered that from my botany class back in university. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I came to know this peacock flower from my Biology class in school.

      Delete
  5. That was my comment, don't know why became anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...thanks, the Peacock flower brightened my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love your pumpkin and yam dish. Let me make a note of this Restoran Chuen Kah Fook. Hope they serve this dish for lunch too. The flowers look like semarak api. I just google, they are the same. Did you know that peacock flowers are semarak api?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know this as peacock flower. Easier to remember. Lol!

      Delete
  8. Looks like this place loses out to its neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to know which dishes to order, some are good.

      Delete
  9. I've never eaten stingray. What does it taste like? The Peacock flower is very pretty.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful plant! I like that curry. Might be the right heat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peacock flower, what a ınteresting... thanks for your sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your peacock flower. And your food is always great. I had glass noodles for the very first time at a restaurant here in Tulsa a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sky and love the food. Oh I love the food.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  14. The evening sky is really something else and I love the splendid orange of the Peacock flower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Making me hungry! A very pretty sky photo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an interesting sky, and the peacock flowers definitely strut their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are right, the sky did look a lot like a world map that day.

    The vegetable dish looks interesting, although you are right, it does seem rather thick.

    Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. True, the sky looks like a world map! It's impressive!
    I like the vegetable dish, it looks inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Feliz mes de mayo. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...