Friday 1 April 2022

Fried Rice, Steamed Okra & Figs From My Garden

Our day started with a beautiful morning. Sky shots taken on our morning walk.

Sunrise at 7:16am
Reflection of sunrise on the reverse side.
Sunrise at 7:18am
Sunrise at 7:32am (shops on the left side).
Sunrise at 7:52am.
That morning the above were harvest from my garden. These okra grow very fast.
This long green okra can grow to more than 1 foot long.
I steamed the harvest okra for dinner. Topped with crunchy chili and some soy sauce.
I heated up the leftover Szechuan preserved vegetable soup from the previous dinner.
Fried rice with Chinese sausage, dried shrimps, egg, onions, and salt to taste.
This was our simple home cooked dinner for 2 people.
~~~~~
Jordan Purple fig plants from my garden.
Sometimes the figs are placed far apart from each other.
Sometimes, they are placed very closed to one another.
If I am diligent in wrapping up the figs, I get to enjoy the figs.
Sorry birds, you can't have my figs.
You better go find some worms and insects and there are plenty in my garden.
A Cleome plant or spider flower sharing the same pot of one of my fig plant.


When we ask the Lord's blessing upon our drinking from the cup of
wine at the Lord's Table, this means, doesn't it, that all who drink it
are sharing together the blessing of Christ's blood?
And when we break off pieces of the bread from the loaf
to eat there together, this shows that we are
sharing together in the benefits of his body.
(1 Corinthians 10:16, The Living Bible-TLB)

49 comments:

  1. The sky photos are fabulous. I have never seen such long okra. The food looks great, and fresh figs - wonderful! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more okra in our garden, don't think the ladies are keen on planting anymore. Wahhh, a lot of lap cheong in your fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are beginning to be bored with okra. I need to clear the lap cheong from my fridge.

      Delete
  3. Super long, skinny lady finger. I like the skinny one than the fatter one. Hehe. Good to harvest own vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing morning sun! It is a good idea to hide the figs in bags and disappoint the birds! I have a very high cherry tree and the birds have a feast because I am not able to pick up the cherries. Hope they appreciate :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the birds appreciate your cherries. If I have a big fig tree, I wouldn't sharing the figs with the birds too.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful sky-pics! And awwww, figs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sunrise shots :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first morning sky shot is just gorgeous! Your fig plant looks really healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...Nancy, you certainly were greeting by a beautiful sunrise, enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's a beautiful sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have so many good things to eat in your garden. I also would like to try your fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You captured some really beautiful sunrises. So colorful. Your food is always great. Interesting about the figs having to wrap them to keep the birds off them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. I only get a few figs from the plants grown in pots so they are really precious. Need to protect them from the birds. Lol!

      Delete
  12. Beautiful skies and even more beautiful food.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous weekend.

      Delete
  13. It is a beautiful sunrise! What a great way to start a day! This food looks delicious. I know it is always a joy to cook homegrown vegetables. Nice to see a fig plant too...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amila. Have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  14. Love these pictures. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    Love: Mariann Yip
    https://www.mariannyc.com/best-restaurants-for-spring-in-nyc/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bellos cielos y ricos higos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Fried Rice is delicious! I love to eat Steamed Okra just like that, with no dressings. The Figs that grow so closely together, how do you wrap them individually when they are so close to each other on the branch? The flowers tumpang same pot and are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I have to work around the figs to wrap them.

      Delete
  17. Spider plant is doing well.
    Love your morning skies...ever so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't had much luck growing okra. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Okra grows well in our climate.

      Delete
  19. The sunrise is beautiful, and your simple meals are simply elegant.

    Enjoy those figs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. El cielo se ve precioso. Muy buenos los higos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heh the downside of being too successful at planting okra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is time to grow other edibles because hubby is getting bored with okra.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...