Tuesday 12 April 2022

Home Grown Chinese Cabbage & Steamed Pork Rib

I have tried to grow some leafy green vegetables before but they didn't turned out well. There must be something which I didn't do right.

I didn't want to give up easily so I bought the above seeds to try again. I sowed the seeds in a small container. Once the seedlings sprouted, I prepared the vegetable patch. This time, I loosen the soil and mixed in with growth fertilizer and left it for a few days. We were in the midst of rainy days. After the seedlings have grown the 2nd leaves, I transferred them to the vegetable patch.
I finally have success in growing leafy vegetables!
Freshly harvested for our dinner.
Washed and broken into pieces, ready to be cooked.
Home grown Chinese cabbage simply sauteed with garlic and salt.
Pork ribs steamed with fermented black beans, chopped garlic and ginger, chilies, dark and light soy sauce, salt and sugar to taste.
Satisfying dinner for a rainy evening.
~~~~~
The following photos were from the Antong Coffee Mill when we visit in June, 2016.
A statue of Dr. Sun Yat Sen in front of the house where he stayed in when he was in Taiping.
This house is next to the Antong coffee mill. Dr. Sun Yat Sen and Chen Cuifen stayed here when they were in Taiping.
Portraits and other artifacts are kept in the upper room. The ground floor is used for coffee tasting and selling of coffee products.


For if you give, you will get!
Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure,
pressed down, shaken together to make room for more,
and running over. Whatever measure you use to give - large or small -
will be used to measure what is given back to you."
(Luke 6:38, The Living Bible-TLB)

42 comments:

  1. Wah the cabbage look fresh!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It grew beautiful and healthy! And I bet it tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Sun Yat Sen statue looks kinda scary when seen at night/evening....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes, come to think of it, I would want to pass by that way when it is dark.

      Delete
  4. Congrats! So beautifully green.

    I didn't know SYS went to Taiping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either until I came to this place.

      Delete
  5. Bad news!!! My girl says all her sawi and other green vege that she planted have been eaten by big fat caterpillars, even her tomatoes. She is so heartbroken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! Definitely heartbroken. Maybe she can try to put a netting over them.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing those ideas.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marianela. I just came from visiting your blog.

      Delete
  7. Yipeeee for the success! Still too cold here for a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...it's nice the see the green in your garden and the look back at history. Thanks Nancy, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats for successfully growing a leafy green. I look at the photos, doesn't look like napa cabbage aka Chinese Cabbage so I look at the words on the seed packet. It says bok choy which is about right as your vege looks like big bok choy. My spouse would like to eat the Steamed Pork Rib. Would you be growing more leafy greens since you successfully did it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Yes, I am now encourage to try other leafy greens.

      Delete
  10. Oh the food. I love your food. Looks so delicious.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delicious dinner! Love the steamed pork ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, so yummy! Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Have a wonderful day too.

      Delete
  13. Your cabbage and pork ribs looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yummmmmmy now I am really hungry! and wow your leafy greens are gorgeous! Have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray! Leafy greens are so healthy, it's good to be able to grow your own.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I was a child, I was given a book of heroes and I remember there was a chapter on Sun Yat Sen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda estatua y balea tu col . Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Nancy, for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/04/the-last-of-these-for-while-i-promise.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tus verduras se ven muy buenas, me encantan. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...