Friday 8 April 2022

White Bitter Gourd Soup & Steamed Okra + Brinjal

We are still having lots of rain, hopefully no more floods or damaging thunderstorms.

Sunrise at 7:35am.
We usually have sunny morning and rain later in afternoon or night.
~~~~~
Due to too much water, the bitter gourds were getting yellow tips so I had to harvest them earlier. The only way to consume them fast is either to make stuffed bitter gourd or use them to boil soup.
Since I had soup bones in the freezer, I decided to make bitter gourd soup which happens to be one of hubby's favourite soups.
We also had steamed long green okras and green brinjals (eggplants), topped with chili oil and soy sauce. This was our home cooked dinner for 2 people.
~~~~~
Hubby likes the colourful Coleus. He has been collecting different types of Coleus from kind and generous aunties that we pass by on our morning walk. The following are the Coleus in our collection.
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
These colourful leaves make up for their tiny flowers


The voice says, "Shout!"
"What shall I shout?" I asked.
"Shout that man is like the grass that dies aways,
and all his beauty fades like dying flowers.
The grass withers, the flowers fades beneath the breath of God.
And so it is with fragile man. The grass withers, the flowers fade,
but the word of our God shall stand forever."
(Isaiah 40:6-8, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. Your Coleus are gorgeous! What a wonderful variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love okra steamed or lightly boiled, still crunchy. Brinjal too! Go so well with sambal belacan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially those home made sambal belacan.

      Delete
  3. We had crazy rain yesterday evening when picked up my boy from school. Gosh. Strong wind, heavy downpour. Both of us were drenched!! I hate such whether when picking my kids from school. Lol.

    I like bitter gourd soup but none of my family seemed to enjoy it. So I rarely cook it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I am typing this comment, I can hear thunder rolling outside. Will be raining soon.

      Delete
  4. LOvely colection of coleus. Your food looks wonderful, as always! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs and have a happy day.

      Delete
  5. Coleous leaves are very decorative and bring colour to the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy I tell you that around here we call the coleus "cretonas".
    As I see that you are attracted to having plants in your garden and sometimes you don't know what yew trees are called, a page that may interest you.
    https://www.elmundo.es/f5/2016/03/25/56d5dfdcca4741c8528b4683.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the food and your plants are beautiful. You have such a wonderful green thumb.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your soup. It looks delicious. Your coleus collection is impressive. Very colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings and Salutations! What a wonderful Coleus collection. Soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soups with lots of vegetables are the best. The Coleus are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bellas plantas. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to eat the White Bitter Gourd in the Soup and eat the Steamed Okra + Brinjal without any dressing. I love the colourful leaves on the coleus too. Do you blend raw white bitter gourd into juice to drink it when you have harvested too many of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried using white bitter gourd to make juice.

      Delete
  13. The colourful Coleus are really attractive and nice to plant. That gives me some idea now to modify my plants but I don't have those kind aunties to give me free. Your hubby must be very handsome man! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TM. Lol! The reason is because hubby is friendly to the aunties.

      Delete
  14. Coleus were the first plants I bought when starting out my garden. Sadly mostly didn't survive long under my care haha. I see mixed coleus seeds sold online at a good price, maybe you can try and see if you get a variety you don't already have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love Coleus but they need much attention. Thanks, I will look out for the seeds.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...