Saturday 9 April 2022

Wonton Noodles & Dumplings For Dinner

It has been raining daily especially in the late afternoon. Sometimes, it will be a short downpour. Sometimes, the rain continued until the wee hours of the next morning.

Sunrise at 6:55am, the morning after a rainy night.
~~~~~
After clearing my garden of weeds and ageing plants, I didn't cook dinner. Hubby went out to buy wonton noodle from Cheong Kee in Buntong village.
Wonton noodle with pork strips and beansprouts (dry version).
Wonton dumplings in soup.
I added the above blanched vegetable (choy fah), topped with crunchy chili oil and soy sauce.
This was our simple dinner that evening.
~~~~~
The following photos and videos were from a dear friend. She saw this cute squirrel on her neighbour's coconut tree one morning. Photos and videos credited to Shirley.
The squirrel was busy biting away at the young coconut.
With its sharp and strong teeth, it bit a hole to get to the tender flesh of the young coconut.
The following are 2 short video showing the squirrel busy at work.



Jesus entered Jericho and made his way through the town.
There was a man there named Zacchaeus.
He was the chief tax collector in the region,
and he had become very rich. He tried to get a look at Jesus,
but he was too short to see over the crowd.
So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree beside the road,
for Jesus was going to pass that way.
When Jesus came by, he looked up at Zacchaeus
and called him by name. "Zacchaeus!" he said.
"Quick, come down! I must be a guest in your home today."
(Luke 19:1-5, New Living Translation-NLT)

50 comments:

  1. Yay to the rain, we had some, too! I would love to try your choy fah - and the Peanuts say hi to your squirrel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No meat in the wanton, only skin? Love the mee, not swimming in the sauce like those I had in KL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is meat but shrunk in size. The floating skin were extras give without charge according to the lady boss.

      Delete
  3. Me encanta ver a la ardilla, parece que tiene mucha hambre. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will eat less Wonton Noodles & eat more Dumplings cos dumplings are easier to eat. The squirrel is so diligent to look for food. Hope it doesn't go hungry. Do u know whether your friend's me neighbour mind or not that the squirrel ate the coconut?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nancy,
    Your meals look yummy! The squirrel is cute, great video of the squirrel eating. I like the bird sounds in the background too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Have a great new week.

      Delete
  6. Your food looks yummy, as always. So wonderful to see the young squirrel in action, thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Hugs and have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  7. We have lots of rain lately too. I guess it's typical for April. The dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. Yes, it is the monsoon season.

      Delete
  8. The squirrel looks cute :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...our squirrels clean out the bird food every day. Nancy, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Have a wonderful new week.

      Delete
  10. Oh wow, Wonton noodle with pork strips and beansprouts looks great to me.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  11. That squirrel has found a good place to hang out! heehee! We are having some of those afternoon pop up showers here too. Enjoy your weekend and delicious meals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The meal may be simple, but it looks quite delicious.

    That squirrel really worked hard for his prize of coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ricos fideos y bella ardilla. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has been crazy rain this week in evening. Now, it is raining outside.

    Cute squirrel. So lucky to catch the squirrel in action.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty, cute squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful sunrise. That squirrel is getting quite a workout for some coconut milk. I'll be cleaning up weeds until next winter, but I do love gardening anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I don't like rain especially when I'm outside :) But the picture of the sky is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mangusie. We don't like getting wet too.

      Delete
  18. Sounds like a great 'simple' meal to me. I hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great meal, great skies, funny squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a coincidence. I just pulled out the weed in my garden and it was 2 buckets full. I have not even finished yet. OMG!

    The squirrel is so cute and melted my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I will only weed my garden when I am in the right mood. I will need a few days to weed the whole garden. I love gardening but dread the weeding.

      Delete
  21. That's a lot of dumpling! Looks like kway teow at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the lady boss told hubby that those were torn dumpling skins added to the dumplings in the soup and no charge.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...