Saturday 1 June 2019

Everything Green

I couldn't come up with a good title, so I just name it "Everything Green" because most of the pictures in this post are green.
 Early morning walkers at the park at 7:05 am.
*     *     *     *     *
The following are some of the plants in my garden.
 These are groundnuts plants which I sowed in April.
Looking forward to a plentiful harvest.
Kaffir Limes from my garden. I used the leaves for cooking. I don't know what to do with the fruits. This morning I gave some of these limes to a friend who wants to have some. Don't know what she is going to do with the fruits.
 Brunswick Fig plant fruiting.
I think I need to wrap these fruits to protect them from the birds.
 I didn't wrap this Custard Apple or Sweetsop and the birds feasted on it.
*     *     *     *     *
The following pictures were sent to me by a dear friend. She generously shared these pictures with me and gave me permission to post them on my blog.
 She found this insect in her garden.
 She also found this big green Beetle on her Okra plant.
 Many critters such as snakes, wild boar, monitor lizards, and etc. have found their way into her big garden. Fortunately, she has 3 beautiful dogs to warn them of the danger.
How about a hind kick?
Looks like it has been sprayed with a green glossy paint.
It doesn't has a pretty face. Kind of scary to look at up close. The Beetle seems to be moving towards the photographer until it reaches the end of the leaf.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

All the special gifts and powers from God will someday
come to an end, but love goes on forever.
Someday prophecy and speaking in unknown languages
and special knowledge - these gifts will disappear.
(1 Corinthians 13:8, The Living Bible-TLB)

46 comments:

  1. The green beetle looks so luminous, seldom see green colour beetle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby. We usually get to see the black ones.

      Delete
  2. Great post dear, so nice and interesting, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often wonder too what to do with kaffir lime fruit? So far I only know that the leaves are used. Oh! That green beetle is so shiny and metallic green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted the question on FB and many have shared the uses of the fruits such as using the fruits or making hair shampoo, using the rind for cooking curries, squeezing the juice and mixing with honey for drinking, etc.

      Delete
  4. Lol...it seems the green beetle knew that photographer was getting closer..=D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have never seen kaffir lime and custard apple here... so exotic and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never seen such glossy green nettle. Interesting bug.

    Very fruitful garden you have there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. The fruiting season for these almost coming to an end and waiting for others to bear fruits.

      Delete
  7. We discovered Kaffir lime leaves a few years ago and have used them in cooking ever since. They add wonderful flavour and aroma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We too like the added flavour and aroma of the kaffir lime leaves.

      Delete
  8. Hello, pretty collection of green images. The limes look different, even bigger. The green beetle is pretty but i hope it is not eating your plants. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend. PS, thank you for the comment on my blog. BTW, the warbler had a bug in it's mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Good thing the green beetle was not eating my plants because it was not found in my garden. Lol!

      Delete
  9. ...it hard to beat green!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything green is a good title. The green leaves of the ground nuts are so refreshing to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. Green for gardeners is a healthy sign.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful looking beetle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This beetle is ugly. Kill it soon. Have a great weekend Nancy. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Paul. The beetle was not from my garden. My friend found it and snap those pictures for me.

      Delete
  13. Fotografías muy interesantes. Buena tarde.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Green is a great color. I love that green beetles too. Gorgeous.

    Have a fabulous weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a wonderful new week!

      Delete
  15. Wonderful closeups on the beetle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, William. All credit belong to my friend who took the pics.

      Delete
  16. The beetle is beautiful. We have a green beetle, different to this one, but we always called it a June bug. When we were kids, we would catch one and tie a string to its leg, and hold the string and it would fly around our head but it could not fly away since we held the string.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember whether we as kids have done the same. As I grow older, I am more afraid of insects than when I was young.

      Delete
  17. And many beautiful shades of green too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Indeed this is a green eco friendly post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha...contributing to the green eco...

      Delete
  19. since I didn't custard apple. I love that fruit..

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a real gem of Beetle!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's the bane of planting edibles... gotta harvest them before these freeloaders get to them. It's either having harvest that's not quite ready or nothing at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha...yes, we have to check daily and harvest them before the birds get to them.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...