Thursday 20 June 2019

Craving For Deep Fried Neen Koh Snack, Pasir Pinji, Ipoh.

This was Father's Day weekend. As usual, we went for our walk at the park.
Sunrise at 7:25 am.
 The sun was partially blocked by the trees and reflection on the pond.
*     *     *     *     *
On Saturday afternoon, I was thinking of deep fried "neen koh" snack. I remembered our friends who too took a liking to this snack and I invited them to join us. Here are some snapshots of our friend who is so sporting to show the smooth, sticky and glooey texture of the "neen koh" snack.
This crunchy snack consists of a piece of glutinious rice sweet cake (kuih), sandwiched between a piece of taro and a piece of sweet potato, dipped into the flour batter and then deep fried. 
 When fried, the batter is very crunchy and the "neen koh" becomes glooey.
 As we take a bite, we have to be careful to avoid the glooey "neen koh" flowing onto our hand.
 Our friend is showing you how he eats the "neen koh" snack! Hahahaaa!
Afternoon sky at 4:15 pm
 After indulging in the "neen koh" snack, we didn't want any dinner.
We drove to Aeon Big shopping mall to walk off some calories.
 There was a food and beverage expo at the mall.
 Cute buns for sale.
 Food stalls outside the mall.
 Stalls inside the mall.
We ended up at a cafe for a cup of drink before driving home. Usually I will be tempted to order their tasty curry puff but this time we just ordered unsweetened black coffee with ice for hubby and a hot lemon tea for me.

The temptations in your life are no different
from what others experience. And God is faithful.
He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.
When you are tempted,
he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
(1 Corinthians 10:13, New Living Translation-NLT)

44 comments:

  1. ...the second sunrise image is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sunrise shots. What beauty.

    Oh the food. I'd love to try that.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a nice day Nancy 🙋loved this photos😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!
    Beautiful sunrises. I regret that I will never try such food. Your country is so far away.
    Happy weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lucja. Maybe one day you will come to visit my country and get to taste our local food.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, these buns are adorable! I would have gotten one of each! The neen koh looks like a sweet decadent treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. The cute buns are irresistible.

      Delete
  6. I find those sky shots incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at your friend being the model, he is so sporting lah.

    I am going to visit another Food Expo end of the month, let's see what I will buy from there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This friend can be really funny at times.

      Delete
  8. Whoever made those buns are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and they are too cute to be eaten.

      Delete
  9. Oh, even after such a good snack, i am not sure i would be able to resist the buns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your friend is so cute to "model" for you hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
  11. your friend is so sporting to let u take so many photos of him in that pose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha. Thank you for the illustration on how to eat neen koh. The buns are cute with the faces. Too cute to be eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I almost laugh looking at ur friend's picture..LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The snack looks delicious and fun to eat. I was impressed by the buns, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe no pictures of the actual neen koh snack?

    I'd have grabbed those cute pows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha...pictures of the neen koh snack were shared in previous posts.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...