Monday 3 June 2019

Lunch At The Museum, Ipoh.

I first heard about the "melt-in-the-mouth" char siew or bbq pork served in The Museum from a friend. Finally, we got to satisfy my curiosity when we visited and tasted the bbq pork on our foodie outing. I not only got to taste it once but twice because a few days later, I went back again with church friends and hubby.

1st visit with ex-colleagues and friends
Entrance to The Museum.
I was seated facing this corner.
Even though it was a Tuesday. the place was filled with lunch crowd. While waiting for our orders to be served, I spent time taking photos of the wall decoration facing me.
We waited for approximately 25 to 30 minutes before the food was served.
The first to be served - Steamed Lala clams with basil leaves @ RM 30.
Green bitter gourd and tofu cooked with salted black beans @ RM 18.
Now I can also cook my home grown white bitter melon with tofu too.
Kwai Fah Mee @ RM 15.
BBQ Pork or Melt in the mouth @ RM 18.80
Roasted pork fried rice @ RM 13.80
Hokkien dai lok mee (thick noodle) @ RM 13.
The texture of the noodle was too hard for our liking.
Drinks: 2 fruit juice & 2 honey lemon - RM 23.60
Total cost of lunch for 4 people = RM 140.15 (incl. 6% SST)
As we walked out the resturant, we passed by this tray of live cockles.
A knight's armour on the left side of the door.
And this weighing machine on the right side of the door.
*     *     *     *     *
2nd visit with church friends.
While chit chatting with friends after church, our friends wanted to try the bbq pork at The Museum. We continued to chat till about 11.45am as their business only opens from 12 noon.
 The Sunday lunch crowd, taken from where I was seated.
Some of the dishes written in Chinese above the counter.
 Does anyone has any idea what these triangular bag-like things are used for?
 Close up view of some of the dishes from their menu.
The Sunday lunch crowd was bigger and the waiting time was longer.
 The 4 of us ordered hot Chinese tea - RM 13.80 (free flowing).
 While waiting, we were each served a bowl of very tasty soup.
The pickled green chili is a must to eat with wonton noodles.
 Hubby's bbq pork noodle @ RM 20.67
Friend's roasted pork noodle @ RM 20.67
 Friend's and my mixed bbq pork and roasted pork noodle
@ 25.97 x 2 = RM 51.94
Total lunch for 4 people - RM 106 (incl. 6% SST)
 Our friends are waiting to bring their grandson to taste this juicy bbq pork soon.
 If you don't mind, you can choose to sit outside if no table is available inside.

Don't you realize that you can choose your own master?
You can choose sin (with death) or else obedience (with acquittal).
The one to whom you offer yourself - he will take you
and be your master, and you will be his slave.
(Romans 14:7, The Living Bible-TLB)
 The Museum at #1, Persiaran Greentown 7,
Greentown Business Center, Ipoh.

50 comments:

  1. i m drooling over the bbq pork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, it was a nice trip with super awesome meals..yum..yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice food but cannot afford to go often. Lol!

      Delete
  3. As always lively food and dishes are with you. It's nice to look here and I like to be here, especially as I'm hungry :))
    Have a nice day. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a mouthwatering meal! I want some of those bbq pork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bbq pork looks really good, very nice and antique interior decoration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess what? The Museum just opened at Starling Mall last week. LOL! I have not been to try yet. I checked the menu and thing seem on the pricey side. But if it is good, I don't mind. I heard that the char siew is famous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must try the char siew, very good. The fat melts in the mouth!

      Delete
  7. Seems a pretty cool place for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...the food looks like it was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great collection of pictures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting place. Aptly named, The Museum. I liked looking at the collection

    ReplyDelete
  11. El cerdo se ve riquísimo. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. un posto bellissimo, piatti deliziosi

    ReplyDelete
  13. my god... I m drooling over the food
    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. I'd be visiting this place and often. Yummy. Everything looks so wonderful.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ya esa puerta cerrada es una tentación para entrar en el Museo y ver todo lo que hay expuesto. Después de hacer el recorrido por sus salas se hace la hora de degustar sus ricis menús.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this place is gorgeous!! And especially the noodles look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised I could easily finish the whole plate of noodles!

      Delete
  17. Food must be very tasty to go there again so soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Accompanied my hubby and friends, and I get to taste the wanton noodle.

      Delete
  18. The knight's armor is a neat touch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to go there just to see all the photos...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to sit where I can conveniently snap photos of the decorations. Lol!

      Delete
  20. So much beautiful looking food and a joy to see some of the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the look of the museum ore then the food

    ReplyDelete
  22. The BBQ Pork is delicious, mouthwatering, yummy, .... thanks for bringing us to this nice restaurant for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a pleasure and we enjoyed your company. I hope your grandson will enjoy the food too.

      Delete
  23. What a lovely place, i'm glad the food is so good, too. There's a lot to look at while you work up an appetite, and then look at while you wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. Overall, the food and place is nice.

      Delete
  24. Nice place and nice food alert! I shall add to my list of places to go in Ipoh hehe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember to call up to make reservation especially during peak hours.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...