Tuesday 4 June 2019

Stewed Duck With Bitter Melon & Steamed Baby Taro

We woke up early to a lovely dry morning and was looking forward to our morning walk. 
Morning sky at 6:55 am.
After our walk, we went to town for breakfast.
I took this photo while we were waiting at the traffic light.
One of the new buildings in town - The Octagon.
In lower building in front with the palm trees is the police quarters.
Someone wanted to buy this rubber hammer. This is usually used by fish monger to hammer the chopper when they need to cut up the big fishes especially their heads. I too bought one to use in my kitchen. I used this to hammer the chopper to cut the frozen duck into 4 pieces without having to unfreeze the duck.
Stewed duck with white bitter gourd or melon.
Ingredients used: ginger slices, duck, bitter gourd, salted black beans, salted soya beans, etc. I used a quarter of the duck to cook this dish and kept the other 3 quarters back into the freezer. 
Steamed small taro or baby yam bought from the supermarket. Drizzled with garlic oil, scallop sauce and light soy sauce, and home grown spring onion.
These were our dinner eaten with some rice for 2 people.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos were taken at the National Museum.
The cave man and his family - displayed at the National Museum.
Old clay containers dug out from the site.
I missed taking a snapshot of the detailed information about the above 2 photos. 
Purple and Pink Wishbone Flowers from my garden.


Temptation is the pull of man's own evil thoughts and wishes.
(James 1:14, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. What a rich post! I like the mallets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tasted steamed duck with bitter melon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stewed duck is very flavourful and tasty.

      Delete
  3. I love your Pink Wishbone Flowers. What nice to have them in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drizzle with garlic oil, scallop sauce and light soy sauce sounds like great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is the rubber hammer heavy? it doesn't look heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...I often think about what I might have ben life to be a caveman, I think that I have it pretty good right now. Thanks Nancy for sharing this week, enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may find it tough after enjoying all the comfort of modern living.

      Delete
  7. Excellent post (as always)!Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a vegetarian although I am eating less and less meat, but I am sure i could never chop up a whole duck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to learn when I started to cook for my family.

      Delete
  9. Your stewed duck sounds delicious. I wonder when will I ever cook a duck. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stewed duck and it taste better if kept overnight in the fridge.

      Delete
  10. Oh the food. Yummy. I'm hungry this morning.

    I love the caveman display.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Estupenda entrada! gracias por tu visita! feliz dia!!! :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Very interesting post, the meals look delicious.
    I hope you'll visit my blog soon. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice shots, especially the food. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These two dishes look very tasty especially the duck. Delicious. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  15. An interesting sky in that first photo!
    Thanks for joining us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/06/pop-art-i-dont-get-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post :)
    Have a beautiful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never seen wishbone flowers. The duck looks fabulous. What is that on top of the new building?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I suppose it is some kind of structure, I haven't been up there to see what they are.

      Delete
  18. It looks like a busy day, the museum, flowers, new buildings, good food -- lots to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need to find things to fill up my day and post. Lol!

      Delete
  19. Such a yummy meal! Stewed duck with bitter gourd is my favourite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tasty looking food but I really love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesante todo Nancy. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So were the rubber hammers useful? Not one of the usual kitchen tools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it useful when I need to chop whole duck, chicken, etc.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...