Thursday 6 June 2019

Home Cooked Beef Slices With White Bitter Gourd

So good to wake up to another beautiful morning. Though there was a slight drizzle and our walking exercise cancelled, the sky brightened up after the drizzling stopped.
 Morning sky at 7:25 am.
 Fluffy white cloud at 7:26 am.
 The dark clouds came back at 7:55 am.
*     *     *     *     *
I have cooked duck with my white bitter gourd from our garden and this time, I wanted to use beef.
 Beef slices and white bitter gourd with salted black beans, garlic, red and green chilies.
 We decided to cook some plain noodles instead of rice to eat with the beef and bitter gourd dish. I mixed the cooked noodle with some garlic oil and light soy sauce.
And this super hot chili oil bought from the supermarket makes the dinner so good and tasty. After this, I am going to try making my own chili oil.
A good friend sent me this photo when the tree was in full bloom. If I am not mistaken, we call this the "Flame of the Forest". By now, most of the flowers have dropped.

So let it grow, and don't try to squirm out of your problems.
For when your patience is finally in full bloom,
then you will be ready for anything, strong in character,
full and complete.
(James 1:4, The Living Bible-TLB)

51 comments:

  1. Very bright sky, i learned about the flame of the forest tree before in school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flame of the Forest looks so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...your "Flame of the Forest" reminds me of Maui!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nancy, beautiful skies. The blooming tree is lovely. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  5. Now I know the name of the tree. It does look like flame with its red flowers. There are few of them along the road near my neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When these trees are flowering in your neighbourhood, it would be a beautiful sight.

      Delete
  6. Beef and bitter gourd with salted black beans look very tasty.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm coming over to your house for dinner. I'll bring whatever you want me to bring.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. If only we are staying near to each other. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. Love your sky photos and you meal looks delicious. Have a good day, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This tree is gorgeous!! Making your own chili oil is ambitious, but I know that you will be able to do it. You look like an excellent cook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. The chili oil turns out alright but not up to expectation.

      Delete
  10. Lovely clicks and some yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The plain noodles look tasty because I just love to eat noodles like these. So does the beef cooked with white bitter gourd taste better than the duck or vice versa? which one do you prefer - beef or duck in this dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both taste good but if I have to choose one, I will choose duck.

      Delete
    2. thanks for your reply. enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  12. Me gusta todo y el árbol es precioso. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your food looks so good, and that tree, i understand the name, it would catch your eye anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. If only there are more of these trees to brighten up the place with their flowers.

      Delete
  14. I have yet to try beef with bittergourd. It should work well too. When you make chili oil, please share the recipe hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe is still not up to expectation yet. Lol!

      Delete
  15. I see all kinds of dishes with bittergourd hehe. Guess it's a good 'problem' to have when your garden is very productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now taking a few days rest from bitter gourds. Distributed some to friends. Lol! Will start again cooking a different style.

      Delete
  16. It all looks so delicious, Nancy. Enjoy your day.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting post dear! thanks for sharing, xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The meal you made looked so tasty. hat an amazing looking tree, so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bitter gourd is definitely one of my favourite ingredients! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never get bored with bitter gourd.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...