Friday 31 May 2019

Changing Sky & Yummy Breakfast, Lunch And Home Cooked Dinner

On this particular morning, we didn't go for our morning walk because when I woke up it was drizzling. We waited for the drizzling to stop before we went out for our breakfast.
 Morning sun peeping through the dark cloud - 7: 20 am.
When the drizzling stopped, I went out to open the gate.
 A few minutes later (7:25 am) the sky brightened up and surprised us with this rainbow.
 My Bauhinia Kockiana orange blooms and papaya tree on the left.
The papaya tree is no longer there now.
 After a short display of the rainbow, the sky darkened - 7:31 am.
 The dark clouds appeared and disappeared within a few minutes.
Time to go looking for our breakfast.
 We decided to have breakfast nearer to home. We ordered this yummy-licious fish noodles. So far, this is the best fish noodle I have tasted so far. I am sure, those who have tasted this will agree with me. You can't get the same taste elsewhere.
 Came back from breakfast and quickly harvested the above from my garden.
 Once the bitter gourd or melon turns white from light green, it is time to harvest before it starts to ripen. This white melon is more crunchy and has only a slight taste of bitterness compared to the common green ones.
For lunch, I ordered this baked egg custard for my myself. It was served with a glass of ice water.
*     *     *      *     *
I cooked the following dishes for dinner that evening.
 Our favourite stinky beans with sambal dried prawns. Actually, this alone will be enough for us but I just want to taste my freshly harvested angled luffa.
I cooked the angled luffa with the following ingredients: garlic, dried prawns, carrot, black fungus or cloud ear fungus, egg, and etc.
So happy to see the bigger than palm size single petal yellow hibiscus blooming in my garden.


A happy face means a glad heart;
a sad face means a breaking heart.
(Proverbs 15:13, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. Wish I could taste this egg custard. Your Hibiscus is stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will have a chance to taste this egg custard. You will surely like it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be happy to see the rainbow. The fish in the fish noodles look fresh and tender. You had a light lunch by having the egg custard only. The egg custard looks tasty. I like to eat black fungus a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most days my lunch is light. I too like black fungus.

      Delete
  4. Eine wunderschöne Hibiskus Blüte. Dem Spruch kann ich nur beipflichten !
    Herzliche Grüße
    Lieselotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. That white melon looks very pretty & interesting, I think I have never seen. Not even a rainbow yet this summer, although we have had plenty of rain. Happy weekend Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told this white melon was from Taiwan and it is very rare here, not sold in the market or stores.

      Delete
  6. Such a nice food and so beautiful place. Awesome pic of the rainbow xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...a rainbow is a wonderful way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, pretty sky and rainbow. I love the hibiscus! Wishing you a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty sky with rainbow *like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice shot of the rainbow. It has been raining late evening over here lately. Much cooler, I don't mind as long as I am not driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On such evenings I would love to stay home and relax.

      Delete
  11. What a beautiful rainbow Nancy. See ya.


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  12. Muy bonito el cielo con el arco iris. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in food heaven, Nancy. Wow.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both your luffa dish and petai dish are so delicious! I would love to eat them and also the best fish noodle you had. May I know which eatery is that so that I could eat the best fish noodle too when I visit Ipoh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fish noodle shop is Kopitiam Huan Le (corner shop), Lorong Taman 11, First Garden (Taman Pertama), Ipoh. Their off day is on Mondays. You will have to order from the stall selling all the "liew" (the stall next to the wall - only for breakfast). They make the "liew" themselves.

      Delete
    2. By the way, if you like you can request for more wine. They have fish noodles (I think is RM 9) and fish head noodles.

      Delete
    3. Thank you for the details. I have noted them into my ediary of food to eat in ipoh. :)

      Delete
  15. Beautiful rainbow captures. I've never seen a white melon like that. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The white melon is very rare and not sold in the market or stores.

      Delete
  16. Fabulous skies. I have Nevers see a bitter gourd!! Hope you are well, have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lucky you were to see the morning rainbow....and that hibiscus is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful skies, complete with rainbows, interesting and delicious food, a gorgeous hibiscus, and a great scripture. The perfect post!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. You are so encouraging! Happy weekend!

      Delete
  19. You take such lovely photos, and your gardening skills are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can eat loads of rice with that sambal petai.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...