Saturday 25 May 2019

Ngau Lam Fun (Beef Soup Noodles) And Home Cooked Dinner

I woke up this morning at about 4.30 am and it was raining heavily outside. No morning walk for us but on the good side, the rain helped to water my plants.
Took this sunrise snapshot a few days ago.
We haven't eaten Ngau Lam Fun (beef soup noodles) for some time and the cool weather gives me good appetite and was thinking of beef noodles.
This was our breakfast for hubby and I.
I ordered 2 bowls of hor fun or flat rice noodle in soup.
Ngau Lam soup with white radish.
A bowl of assorted ingredients e.g. fish cake, beef balls, etc.
One of the regular visitors to the park.
It looks like it was smiling or saying "cheese" for my camera. 
*     *     *     *     *
The following was my simple home cooked dinner.
Left over pork rib curry served over some blanched okra harvested from my garden.
I bought a small sized taro or yam from the road side stall at the park and used it to cook with dried prawns. It looks plain because I didn't use any dark sauce.
*     *     *     *     *
The following snapshots were taken in my garden.
As I bent down to pull out some weeds I noticed this insect clinging to the pumpkin vine.
I was thinking that this was a funny looking insect and it was then I realized that it was a dead insect with just its outer shell and it was hollow.
It must have been dead for a long time and I didn't even notice it was there.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

Just as the body is dead when there is no spirit in it,
so faith is dead if it is not the kind that results in good deeds.
(James, 2:26, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. Better a dead bug than a live one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poor bug.

    Enjoy your week end Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...the sunrise is beautiful, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That insect looks familiar. My grandma used to find those on her orchid plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know whether it is the black or green type of insect.

      Delete
  5. Hello, I love the pretty sunrise. The smiling dog is a cutie. Great photos, Nancy! Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for the comment and visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Have a happy new week!

      Delete
  6. Wow, some very interesting things to eat Nancy. Enjoy your Saturday my friend. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got great blog with lovely pictures, enjoyed this post.

    Following your blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soup is always good when it's rainy outside. Looks so good and so does your dinner. We eat at home most of the time. We tend to eat out when we're boating.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now with the harvest, we are eating at home more than eating out.

      Delete
  9. At glance I thought it was a dry part of the plant unless read down it’s an inset! Interesting capture and I loved the smiling dog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan. That smiling dog makes my day!

      Delete
  10. is that just a skin that has been shed by a bug during the molting process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a skin but don't know whether insect shed their skin.

      Delete
    2. according to Google insects do shed their skins but Don't know which types do.

      Delete
    3. Yes, it is true. Maybe some experts can tell which insect by the look of the skin. I don't even know the names of most of the insects found in my garden.

      Delete
  11. When i am hired to water the garden for Mr. BA, it's nice when there is rain and i don't have to worry about it!

    The dog is precious, he does look like he has a smile and a pleasant temperament.

    Your home cooked food looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so nice for the dog to smile. It even lift up its head to face the camera. Lol!

      Delete
  12. The plant already grew through the hollow beetle... didn't give face haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it must have been quite some time for the plant to grow through.

      Delete
  13. the soup attracts me most:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The sunset looks so pretty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Yes, this cute dog gave me a sweet smile.

      Delete
  16. Nature study in your own backyard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are many nature lessons I have learned in my own backyard.

      Delete
  17. Beautiful capture of the sunrise. That insect is the shell of part of the life cycle of a locust.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I went to find photos to support my claim that the insect shell is a locust, but come to find out it is a cicado...but everyone I know calls them locusts...both in Indiana where I live now and in Tennessee where I grew up. You can scroll and see photos here. Around here they only emerge every so many years. And when they do, they call is constant and so annoying. You just would not believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose for the link. Yes, from the pictures, I can recognize the insect called locust. And I know its call which can be loud and annoying.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...