Monday 27 May 2019

Thank God For Providing Good & Tasty Food

We woke up to another beautiful morning and we were ready for our early morning walk at the park.
 Morning sky at 6:35 am.
 The newly installed spotlights (from the left and other places) help to light up the walking path.
 Early walkers get to enjoy the cool fresh air at the park - 6:50 am
*     *     *     *     *
The shop we went to for breakfast was closed that morning.
So we ended up in Taman Mirindy for the "kai si hor fun" noodle.
2 bowls of "kai si hor fun" or flat rice noodle with chicken meat strips, prawns, and chives. We have to wait more than half an hour for these noodles even on a Friday morning.
 I also ordered 4 Fuzhou fish balls with minced pork filling. 
Hubby ordered 2 pieces of steamed yam bean dumplings or "choy kok".
Some of the harvest from my garden.
 Purple Custard Apple fruit. Other names are Sweet Apple or Sweetsop.
 From the look of these knobbly segments, the fruit is ready to be plucked. Once the fruit is slightly soft, it can be consumed.
 This is how the fruit looks like inside. Most of the white fleshly segments have a black seed inside.
 I found some left over glutinous rice sweet cake (ready cut) and I used it to fry with egg and flour batter. We ate this for lunch.
*      *     *      *      *
My brinjal or eggplants are not fruiting yet, so I bought some for dinner from the road side stall at the park.
 I peeled the skin off the eggplants and steamed them. I drizzled some garlic oil, scallop sauce and soy sauce over the eggplant before serving.
Stuffed white bitter melon or bitter gourd (harvested from my garden) with fish paste and minced pork. These 2 dishes were enough for our dinner without eating any rice.

Do you want to be truly rich?
You already are if you are happy and good. After all,
we didn't bring any money with us when we came into the world,
and we can't carry away a single penny when we die.
So we should be well satisfied without money
if we have enough food and clothing.
(1 Timothy 6:6-8, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. I am also very grateful. When you look at the world's population, we sure are fortunate to be here in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully agree with you. We are so blessed.

      Delete
  2. I like steamed eggplant but we don't peel the skin...I thought the skin can be eaten? nice to enjoy 'harvest' from the garden that are free from pesticide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days I peel the skin because of the pesticide.

      Delete
  3. our early morning walk brings such beautiful skies. The sunrises are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a feast! I miss Fuzhou fish balls :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Fuzhou fish balls more than normal fish balls.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you and hubby are quite flexible when it comes to food. Sometimes have a feast, sometimes have fried nin kou. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like kai si hor fun, your homecooked brinjal and stuffed bitter melon look tasty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home cooked meals are always so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes PTL for all the good and tasty food. love your homegrown sweetsop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...and beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always manage to make me crave for good home cooked meal when I visit your blog. And I love it. ♥

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I jut love getting into your blog Nancy because the food material is always interesting & unusual. Not to you but to me because in Canada our food would be bland to you. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  12. Todo se ve muy bueno. Feliz semana.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thankful that you post so much food here. I so enjoy seeing your menu each day.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a pretty sky to make you smile on your walk.

    Again your lovely food makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Sweet Apple is a pretty fruit...and is that okra? Ours is green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have green and red okra.

      Delete
    2. I wonder if I could find red okra here? I will have to look.

      Delete
    3. I hope you can. I too a while before I could found the seeds.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...