Thursday 30 May 2019

Breakfast With Friend And Home Cooked Dinner

We woke up early this morning and we were out of the house earlier than usual for our morning walk at the park.
 Beautiful morning sky at 6:30 am
 6:55 am
 The sun rising from behind the mountains - 7:17 am
 After we have finished walking, I bought these 2 cute red capsicums from the stall at the park.
 I need to quickly water my plants because I need to get ready to go out with a friend. Took a quick snapshot of the pink Cleome Spider flower. This plant sprung out probably from a seed that fell into that flower pot.
 My friend and I went to Kafe Little Nam Yeong for the above "kai si hor fun" noodle for breakfast. We added 2 fish balls to our noodles. As usual, the place was fully packed with customers.
For dinner, I used the red capsicums that I have bought to cook the white bitter gourd. As I have been harvesting bitter gourd quite regularly, I need to cook using different recipes so as not to get bored eating bitter gourd so often. Ingredients used were fish paste, red okra, white bitter melon, red capsicum, salted black beans, etc.

Now your attitudes and thoughts must all be
constantly changing for the better.
Yes, you must be a new and different person, holy and good.
Clothe yourself with this new nature.
(Ephesians 4:23-24, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. Ah, that reminds me! Looking at your pink Cleome, I am glad to report that 3 plants sprang out from my pots! The pink Cleome seeds you gave me have resurrected. Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah! That is good news! Praise the Lord indeed for blessing you with those new plants.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sun rise and twilight sky shots! Pretty capsicums and bloomed spider flower

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I love the palm silhouetted against the rising sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your home cooked bitter gourds dish is so tasty and even tastier after you added the red capsicums to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Mun. Better looking otherwise very pale.

      Delete
  5. Love your home cooked.

    Hor fun, such comforting to take in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the problem some people have when the garden explodes with produce, how to use it all without being bored. Many give some away and use canning or pickling to preserve it, too.

    As always, your post has so many pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have shared some of the harvest with some friends especially when the harvest is more than what we can consume.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you. I like homemade as long as I am not lazy.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful morning sky, brighten up...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can try planting the seeds from that capsicum. Should grow well with your green fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I kept some of the seeds and sowed them. Hope they will sprout and grow.

      Delete
  10. Wonderful breakfast and a wonderful dinner. I love your foodie posts.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both veggies but haven’t tried cooking them together. Interesting! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bitter melon is one veggie that blends well with most veggies

      Delete
  12. The food looks extra yummy, and I love the black silhouettes of the palm trees! I think those are the peppers that they put in pain cremes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the food looks really yummy
    thanks for share
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing those beautiful skies with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful skies and sunrise.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...