Monday 20 May 2019

Chee Cheong Fun At Jalan Pasir Pinji 5, Ipoh.

Heard from some of my friends and read reviews on Facebook about this famous steamed flat rice noodle or "chee cheong fun" at Jalan Pasir Pinji 5 but have not tried until now. The reason it took us so long to try this is because we heard that the waiting queue is very long.

One afternoon, our friends suggested that we go and try this famous chee cheong fun and since we have the time, we went with them. We parked the car by the side of the main road and walked a short distance to this house selling the steamed noodle. Many customers were already there waiting. and we were given a number. There were 19 customers ahead of us.
These were some of the customers waiting for their turn. We found a table and chairs to sit and wait. We waited about 45 minutes before our number was called.
We ordered 4 medium size plates (2 plates with sweet sauce and chili sauce and 2 plates without).
Finally, I get to taste this famous chee cheong fun!
Now I understand why so many customers are willing to wait.
This is the best chee cheong fun I have tasted so far.
Price list.
If you want to try, you must be prepared to wait.
Our friend wanted to buy these fried stuffs at the "tai shu keok" or under the big tree. These were from a different stall (not our usual stall).
I couldn't resist taking a snapshot of the car in front of us to show all the stickers.

But he gives us more and more strength to stand against
all such evil longings. As the Scripture says, God gives strength
to the humble but sets himself against the proud and haughty.
So give yourselves humbly to God.
Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
(James 4:6-7, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. I would love to try the fried stuff! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fried stuffs sold under the big tree are very popular and tasty.

      Delete
  2. Ccf with chili sauce and sweet sauce is very tasty. Omg 45 minutes, i don't think i want to wait that long even though the food is famous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waiting is good for testing your patience. Lol! Next time get the number and return later to collect the food.

      Delete
  3. I want to try that famous chee cheong fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we will be back soon for another round of waiting. Lol!

      Delete
  4. It's look like a thick fettucine (Italy) or kwetiaw (China). I think it gives new tastes and spicy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, almost or similar to kwetiaw. This one is steamed with dried prawns.

      Delete
  5. ...I love all the stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing post honey, really great!
    kises from Poland:*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. That is a long queue. We had cuff this morning. Prawns filling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ccf. Sorry, auto correct keep correcting my words. Lol

      Delete
    2. I too have problem with the auto correct feature whenever I use hand phone.

      Delete
    3. That is why I still my old and trusted desktop computer which I find very convenient and with bigger screen.

      Delete
  8. Explain to me what is chee cheong. It does look very good. People do enjoy waiting for their food, don't they? See ya nancy.


    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chee Cheong fun is steamed rice flour batter to make it into a type of flat rice noodle that is soft and silky.

      Delete
  9. A long wait, but obviously worth it. That is a lot of stickers on the vehicle. I hope it doesn't mark the paintwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wouldn't use sticker on my car unless it is to cover up some rusty spots.

      Delete
  10. I want some of everything. Yummy. I love your foodie posts.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like me, I want to try everything too.

      Delete
  11. Si hay que esperar, porque hay mucha demanda, es porque la comida es de calidad.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Must have been good for everyone to wait like that....I always wonder what people think when they put so many stickers on their car. But at the same time I like seeing them. Just not on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say that the food is worth the wait. I like to see stickers on other cars but not on mine. Lol!

      Delete
  13. If they have a good product, people are willing to wait. Neat car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind waiting if the food is really good.

      Delete
  14. The CCF looks delicious. I feel like having some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very delicious, will be going back again soon.

      Delete
  15. Me encantaría probarlo. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like worth a wait yet the dish looks simple! Nice crunchy fried stuffs

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is one heavily decorated vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I don't have the patience to wait that long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it depends on individual. I too won't wait unless I am with company who are willing to wait and depending on what we are waiting for.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...