Tuesday 7 May 2019

Simple Steamed Pork Ribs & Mushrooms Dishes For Dinner

I have started home cooking again as the weather is much cooler now. I choose to cook simple dishes such as the following where I don't have to spend long hours in the warm kitchen.
 Steamed savoury pork ribs (pre-marinated)
 Steamed fresh abalone mushrooms with lots of julienned ginger and vegetable oil & drizzled with oyster sauce before serving.
Blanched green vegetable topped with deep friend dried shrimps, garlic, garlic oil & oyster sauce.
 Pretty pink Mexican Petunias or Bluebell flowers and Periwinkles from my garden.
*     *     *     *     *
Sharing some photos of the following items from the National Museum. 
  1. Small copper cannon used as currency or for barter trade in the 19th century in Borneo, including Brunei. It was also used as a gift from a bridegroom to his bride's family in Brunei and Sarawak.
  2. A kettle shaped copper vessel with a handle and a spout, used to hold water.
  3. A cupak made from a coconut shell used as a traditional measuring cup.  
 The above vest was used by Bugis warriors in the 18th century. It is made from pieces of buffalo horn held together with iron rings.
A long keris or a kind of sword used by a warrior.


Telling lies about someone is as harmful as hitting him with an ax,
or wounding him with a sword, or shooting him with a sharp arrow.
(Proverbs 25:18, The Living Bible-TLB)

43 comments:

  1. u must like ginger a lot by putting so much in the mushroom dish. I like all the dishes above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nux. Yes, I like ginger a lot and also I have surplus of ginger harvested from my garden.

      Delete
  2. Hola Nancy, tus platos se ven muy apetitosos. Los objetos que nos muestras son muy interesantes y curiosos. Muchas gracias. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ginger alone made my mouth water, love it. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I like ginger a lot. Take care too.

      Delete
  4. all the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like dishes cooked with oyster sauce, it made them so appetizing

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...Nancy, wonderful antiques. A cannon seems like a strange wedding gift. Thanks for sharing and I hope the you enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. I have the same thought too.

      Delete
  7. The flowers in your garden are so pretty with sweet colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of cool stuff today! I love the armor and the swords. The food looks fabulous too.
    https://blackysburrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home cooked meals are so comforting and I bet they are warrant an extra serving of rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need to watch my weight so no extra serving of rice. Lol!

      Delete
  10. All the dishes look homecoming!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is YUMMY! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your food posts make me ever so happy.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. The photos of the items were all interesting, but sure wish I could see them in person. I would love to examine that vest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad the snapshot of the vest didn't turn out well because of the reflection on the glass.

      Delete
  14. Your food photography always look so exotic!
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/05/on-retreat-in-washington-dc.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Armour made from buffalo horns, that is something I have never heard about or seen. The petunias are so pretty, the petal shape is different from the regular kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I find the items displayed at the museum very interesting.

      Delete
  16. Love the flowers! That food looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cooking looks very good indeed despite being 'simple'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. As long as it satisfy our taste buds and tummies.

      Delete
  18. Todas las antigüedades me encantan. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...