Tuesday 21 May 2019

Stuffed White Bitter Melon & Angled Luffa Cooked With Prawns.

We are enjoying bright sunny days with rain in between and it seems to be the perfect weather for the plants in my garden.
My yellow hibiscus are blooming and the edible plants are fruiting as well.
That morning I harvested the above white bitter melon for dinner.
This time, I used the bitter melon to make stuffed bitter melon.
Ingredients for stuffing: fish paste, minced pork, chopped carrot and red chillies, spring onions, etc.
I also harvested the above angled luffa to make another dish.
I cooked the luffa with fresh prawns, carrot slices and eggs.
And I heated up the left over curry from the previous day.
The above were for that day's dinner.
Even without eating any rice, we couldn't finish the stuffed melon.
There were 3 pieces left over which I took for the next day lunch.
*     *     *     *     *
The following items are from the National Museum.
Antique potteries found at some burial sites in Perak.
Antique crude iron tools found at the burial sites.
The above artifacts such as axe, sickle, knife, spear head, etc. with handles made from wood or rattan were discovered at the sites of slab stone graves. Iron Age is believed to have existed in Malaysia circa early A.D. until the 17th century A.D., following the Bronze Age.
Traps used for catching fish.


For I am overwhelmed and desperate,
and you (God) along know which way I ought to turn
to miss the traps my enemies have set for me.
(Psalm 142:3, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. o my those stuffed bitter gourds look fantastic! Hopefully one day I can join you for a homemade meal, Nancy :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing yellow hibiscus :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. seldom I see white bitter gourd...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mine your stuffed winter melon and luffa with fresh prawns look so delicious, i am hungry now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using whatever we have harvested for our home cooked meals.

      Delete
  5. ...I've always had an interest in baskets. They were functional and beautiful at the same time. Thanks Nancy for sharing these treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your homecooked dishes with homegrown vegetables are so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything with prawns.
    Your dishes are sumptuous.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The homegrown dishes are always a delight. A joy to see artifacts fro the museum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing post honey, great photos :) really great!
    kisses from Poland :*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the weather helps you for better harvest of flowers and vegetables. And you made well dishes out of it. Interesting antique tools and yet feel scary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, I've got the taste and the taste for these delicious dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the fish traps used on a TV show. It was amaing that they were able to catch the fish, especially the large ones. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh your dinner looks so good. I'm coming over.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I were there, sure not enough, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your meal looks amazing! I wish I could taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eggplant stuffed with vegetables is my favorite, your stuffed melon reminds me of it and makes me want to go make some.

    Really enjoying the views from your museum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. We love stuffed eggplant too.

      Delete
  17. Your stuffed bittergourd looks delicious. I want to try that one of the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your yellow hibiscus is so pretty and just cheerful, even. The foods look delicious. As always, I love seeing the old items you show.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't seen the white bitter melon before, it looks so tasteful.
    The bitter melon stuffed make me so hungry Nancy.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting foods. The pottery and fish traps are similar to those in other countries. Our ancestors were resourceful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Me encantan las antigüedades. Buena tarde.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a very nice home-cooked meal indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...