Tuesday 28 May 2019

Roast Turmeric Chicken & Bitter Melon With Salted Black Beans

On this particular morning I didn't have to water the plants because it rained heavily the night before. I only have to water the few pots that are placed under the shelter away from the rain. I have plenty of time to do some weeding and trimming of the plants.
 One of my yam or taro plants in a pot.
The small plants you see growing in the pots are the Plantago Major (herbal plant) or the "Teen Koon Choe" which is good for cleansing the urinary tract and bladder. Due to the wet season, the plants are sprouting all over the pots.
 Rain water collected in a taro or yam leaf.
 Chive flowers
 I adopted this Adenium plant from an ex-colleague. It was cut bald when it was given to me. A friend gave me the 2 Adenium babies. I have to keep reminding myself not to over water the Adenium plants.
So far, so good. Looks like my adopted Adenium plants are adapting well to my garden and my care.
 This Begonia plants will appear during the wet season.
They grow wild in between the pots and some sprouting out from the soil in the pots. 
 Recently, I harvested some Turmeric ginger from my garden.
 I used some of the home grown Turmeric to roast 2 chicken legs. Ingredients: fresh turmeric ginger, shallots, garlic, salt, pepper & some oyster sauce.
 I also used a home grown white bitter gourd or bitter melon to cook the above dish. Ingredients: salted black beans, dried prawns, garlic, dried bird's eye chilies since I don't have fresh red chilies.
*     *     *     *     *
I snapshot the following image at the National Museum.
 The necklace made of brotia costula and brotia spinosa shell was found in the Gua Harimau or Tiger Cave in Lenggong, in the state of Perak, Malaysia.


But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward
to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.
So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this,
make every effort to be found spotless,
blameless and at peace with him.
(Hebrews 4:13-14, New International Version-NIV)

37 comments:

  1. Your plants are thriving! I did not realize that chive flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. They look like spring onion flowers.

      Delete
  2. ...Nancy you have so many images of things of things that I would never see here. Thanks for sharing them, I hope that you enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you harvested any taros before from your own garden?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have harvest the small type of taro. now waiting to harvest the bigger type.

      Delete
  4. Your bitter melon plants seem to be very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muy bonitas tus plantas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. plants just enchance your mood in just one look
    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely meal. I would have enjoyed these dishes for sure.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your homemade meals! Those turmeric gingers are a treasure, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. I am thinking of more recipes to use up the fresh turmeric.

      Delete
  9. Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adenium looks beautiful and the home grown white bitter gourd in the bowl looks so delicious.

    Enjoy your day, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The new baby ones are so cute! Everything you grow is so healthy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do grow a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how the bitter gourd is cooked. I like it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With ample supply of bitter gourd, I am trying all types of different recipes.

      Delete
  14. I want to try that tumeric roast chicken hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish begonias grew wild here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only this type which I brought back from the highlands. I found them growing wild by the roadsides.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...