Wednesday 28 April 2021

Pig Stomach Noodle, Fried Bacon, Pickled Veg & Rice Porridge

It was drizzling when we woke up on a Sunday morning. After the drizzling stopped, we walked out to our regular coffee shop for breakfast.

Morning sky after the drizzle about 7:30am
We shared this bowl of pig stomach soup with noodle.
Ingredients consist of rice vermicelli, pieces of pig stomach, daikon, a pair of chicken feet, and hot peppery soup. This soup is only available on Sunday.
We ordered 6 pieces of deep fried items from another stall. That morning we had unsweetened coffee (kopi C kosong).
Green eggplants in my garden.
~~~~~
I have not restocked the food supply yet because I wanted to clear whatever foodstuff I can find in the fridge or pantry. I found 2 items which will be good to go with rice porridge for dinner. 
Fried bacon
Remaining home made pickled mustard green to cook with minced pork and chili.
Both were big portions, more than enough for 2 meals.
Simple home cooked dinner for 2 people.


"I want to make the simpleminded wise!" he said.
"I want to warn young men about some problems they will face.
I want those already wise to become wiser and become leaders
by exploring the depths of meaning in these nuggets of truth."
How does a man become wise?
The first step is to trust and reverence the Lord!
Only fools refuse to be taught. Listen to your father and mother.
What you learn from them will stand you in good stead;
it will gain you many honors.
(Proverbs 1:4-9, The Living Bible-TLB)

47 comments:

  1. Your home cooked meal for two looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee with the fried items is a wonderful combo. Great growing of green eggplants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Pig Stomach Noodle don't sound so good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pig stomach :-)) and those bacon pieces are so crisp. Those green eggplants are really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working on clearing out my freezer too. We have hurricane season coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the hurricane will miss your place. Take care and do stay safe.

      Delete
  6. Love your review as always ))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pig stomach? I'm not sure it's for me Nancy. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tus berenjenas y demás se ven muy bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pork is wonderful. We eat a lot of pork. It's the other white meat. I love your food shots, Nancy. I'd eat any dish you prepare.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  10. I love all the lovely pictures of food Nancy. Makes me hungry. And I like the proverbs quote about being wise.

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you are such a good cook!

    ReplyDelete

  12. Unusual dishes are sure to be tasty. I love eggplants, although they don't grow here. Have a nice Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so nice to grow so many good things to eat. Pretty skies, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pig stomach? Must be good. Nice sky and good day after the rain. We will be getting rain showers this week. It has been dry the past few days so I go out and water potted plants daily, especially when it is hot and dry. Take care and God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning was sunny, now it past midday and it looks like its going to rain anytime soon. I can hear the distance rumbling of the thunder.

      Delete
  15. Coffee always adds a finishing touch to a meal

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pig stomach peppery soup, my spouse does. Your home cooked two condiments go very well with congee. So delicious! The green eggplants, will they turn purple or white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. The green eggplants will remain green.

      Delete
  17. great post.
    are you a ethnic Chinese if you don't mind my asking? i saw that you knew the Cantonese.
    closure wig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a Malaysian Chinese and Cantonese is one of the few dialects we speak here. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  18. Thanks for being a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty for hosting. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  19. I always liked that kind of 'liu'. Still not commonly found in KL.

    Wow so many brinjals growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These "liu" are very nice, not from mass production.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...