Wednesday 7 April 2021

Tom Yam Soup, Fried Noodle & Chives Omelette

It has been quite a while since we last had combined dinner with our friends at my place. My friends said "yes" and someone will be contributing a dish but she didn't specify what type of dish. I informed them that I will be cooking tom yam soup and chives omelette. It was to be a simple dinner since the four of us couldn't eat much.

This is my pot of tom yam soup with prawns, cauliflower, carrot and abalone mushroom.
Omelette with mantis prawns and home grown chives from my garden.
Contribution from our friends:
Fried yellow noodle with big prawns.
~~~~~
After dinner, the men watched TV while the women did the washing up. We rested awhile and then someone suggested going to Aeon Big for some dessert.
These birds on the tree top opposite my house were very noisy, happy to return home to rest for the night. I took this snapshot before I got into the car.
Our dessert at Sun Yin Loong Cafe at Aeon Big, Falim.
We ordered 2 sets of Affogato (ice cream with black coffee)
Hubby and I shared this Affogato and Honey Lemon drink.
Crepe Jasmine or Pinwheel Jasmine by the roadside.
I stopped for this snapshot on our walk home.


A father can give his sons homes and riches,
but only the Lord can give them understanding wives.
(Proverbs 19:14, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. The food all looks delicious. The ice cream looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nancy,:=) The meals all look delicious, and what a good idea to go out for desert, the ice cream looks good, is Affogato a fruit? Nice shot of the roosting birds and the beautiful Jasmine flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Affogato is 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream "drowned" with hot espresso coffee.

      Delete
  3. Your homemade meals are the best! I love esp. when you cook the produce from your garden and local specialties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fun th have meals with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is wonderful to share our meals with friends.

      Delete
  5. ...it looks like you had a good and yummy gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice time with your friends, it's so good you could make and bring along some food! :)

    Hope that you are having a good week! It's been a very rainy one so far here!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful looking home cooked meal and so nice to be sharing with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the prawns Nancy. I told you that I love shrimp, small & large.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgiveness mercy of all my sins bless all of us and the whole world thank you gratitude jesus i trust you thank you gratitude 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs forgiveness. Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  10. So nice to share delicious meals with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your clear Tom yum soup looks so delicious and appetising. Since your friend brought noodles, did you all eat rice? The white Jasmine flowers must be very sweet smelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention about the rice. I actually forgot to cook rice so it was just nice my friend brought the fried noodle. The crepe Jasmine has no sweet smell.

      Delete
  12. All the wonderful food and ice cream too. Perfect.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee for hosting. Have a great day.

      Delete
  13. Nice photos for a great review :))       

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK! I am now hungry! Time to go and make breakfast. I don't think it will be half as tasty as your wonderful meal with your friends. And ice cream with coffee sounds like the purrfect desert. Yummy! Thanks for visiting us and your kind comments. We love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The omelet and dessert look the best to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have such delicious meals! What kind of birds were those? Have fun every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathe. It is too far to see the birds and I am not good with identifying the birds.

      Delete
  17. It sounds like such a nice evening with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The food looks delicious. The ice-cream is so appealing. Beautiful Jasmine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me alegra que lo pasaras bien. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I see caffeine won't stop you from sleeping at night! I'd be wide awake half the night with affogato at dinner time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all depends, sometimes my sleep will be affected, sometimes no problem sleeping.

      Delete
  21. All the three dishes got prawns. Desserts never fail to make me happy! Lovely jasmine flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were trying to clear the prawns from our fridge.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...