Tuesday 20 April 2021

Early Dinner At Restoran Wong Sheng, Desa Rishah, Ipoh

This dinner was at Restoran Wong Sheng. We actually wanted to dine at this restaurant the Friday before this but we were disappointed to find it closed. Anyway, we returned the following Friday to find it opened for business. We ordered the following dishes for 6 people.

Steamed pork belly with taro.
Sauteed Milk Cabbage (Nai Pak Choy).
Stewed pork rib with bean curd sheet.
Steamed Tilapia with Nyonya sauce.
Salted egg yolk assorted veggie.
Dinner for 6 people costs RM125.
Heineken Dealcoholised Beer - Pure Malt.
Hubby received 4 cans of the above from a friend.
This is the first time we tasted this drink.
Creamy white Gardenia bloom.
Every time I walked past these plants, I get to enjoy its fragrance.
Rain droplets on the Gardenia bloom.
1 of 2 entrances to the Concubine Lane in Ipoh Old Town.
According to the locals, Concubine Lane was built by mining tycoon Yao Tet Shin for his 3 wives. Each lane was fittingly name Wife Lane, Concubine Lane and First Concubine Lane. While another version of the local tale is that it was also the place where rich men hid their mistresses. Today, Concubine Lane is the most famous lane, having been transformed into a popular hangout with a variety of pop-up stalls selling delicious ice balls, flower shaped cotton candy and more.
(Info taken from tourismperakmalaysia.com)
Another entrance to Concubine Lane.
A drastic drop in tourists (both oversea and locals) due to the Covid-19 pandemic.


The Lord is my fort where I can enter and be safe;
no one can follow me in and slay me.
He is a rugged mountain where I hide; he is my Savior,
a rock where none can reach me, and a tower of safety.
He is my shield.
He is like the strong horn of a mighty fighting bull.
(Psalm 18:2, The Living Bible-TLB)

44 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyedvyoue meal...we recently tried a new restaurant and were so pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I am glad you were pleased with the new restaurant.

      Delete
  2. I love this meal...the lotus loot stirfry looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the crispy fried thin slices of lotus root.

      Delete
  3. ...I like the sign for Big Johns Music Shack! Thanks Nancy for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sedap, sedap! Hope we can go this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks great. We have Heineken beer here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That rouse look amazing. I like that photo so much.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/tom-ford-lip-color-flamingo-chanel.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heineken De-alcoholised Beer - Pure Malt. Now I could drink it with the many of the wonderful dinners that you showed to us. Have a great Tuesday Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a wonderful meal. Everything looks so delicious. I've not had a beer in years. With our without alcohol. Not my thing.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous day and week.

      Delete
  10. The dishes are so tasty and with good prices. I don't think I have seen a gardenia flower before, do they smell like jasmine flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun. I think Gardenia has a nicer fragrance.

      Delete
  11. You always make me so hungry. I haven't even had breakfast yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...I hope you will have good appetite for breakfast after your visit to my blog.

      Delete
  12. Interesting story about Concubine Lane. Would love to visit it.

    ReplyDelete

  13. It's great that you could eat in our restaurant is still closed. Delicious dishes and beautiful flowers, Good week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our eateries are allowed to open but they have to observe all the necessary safety precautions.

      Delete
  14. The food looks delicious and the gardenias look fab with the water drops.
    Keep safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always have the best food. I'm hoping the alcohol free beer works for your husband. Very nice flowers, and I hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi. Hubby drank 1 and I finished 3 cans. Lol! Have a great week too.

      Delete
  16. The white Gardenia is simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gardenia is one of our favorites here. That one looks so pretty, i feel like i could almost touch it in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tus verduras me encantan. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Are there different entrances? I only know from Kong Heng side straight to the other end. Actually... there is only this one road which is touristy right?

    My girls very much want to visit Platform 9 3/4. We did go before but that time they hadn't discovered Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 2 entrances, one at each end of the short lane. This one is the most popular with the local and outstation tourists. Yes, I have visited the Harry Potter and even taken some snapshots there. Hope you can visit once the state borders are open.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. From net surfing I though there were more lanes like this. Must have been mistaken... walked around and didn't see any more.

      Delete
    3. It seems there is a "3rd mistress" lane but nothing much happening there.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...