Monday 12 April 2021

Lunch At HBR Cafe, Ipoh Garden

We were to meet up with friends at the chosen venue for breakfast. While we were on the way, our friend who reached earlier than us called to inform that the place was temporary closed. So we changed our venue to Restoran 1010 at Jalan Peh Kee Koh, Taman Kampar, Ipoh.

We have to sit at 2 separate tables because there was no big table to accommodate 4 people.
~~~~~
For lunch we were to meet at HBR Cafe at Ipoh Garden (next to Restoran 1919).
A friend ordered a set of toast and hot coffee.
Another friend who was in a rush ordered and was already eating her noodle when we arrived.
Hubby ordered dry curry chicken noodle.
I asked for their special and I was recommended the above Bao Loh Fun which is noodle (lai fun) with minced chicken meat, peanut, sliced carrot, Chinese pickled vegetable and sauce.
To add more oomph to the noodle, I added the chili sambal to the noodle. You can't get this unique and tasty noodle elsewhere.
I was seated facing the above decorations on the wall.
Jacob's 1800's.
Jacob's 1920's
Jacob's 1960's
Jacob's Danone 2000's
One of my favourite is the above Jacob's Weetameal crackers.
This is a cute clock to have in the dining hall.

Go to work in the morning and

stick to it until evening without watching the clock.

You never know from moment to moment

how your work will turn out in the end.

(Ecclesiastes 11:6, The Message-MSG)

39 comments:

  1. That's a really fun clock! And the meal looks great, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coffee :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That clock is really different...if I had a place to hang one in the witching, I would not mind having one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the Jacobs advertising plaques. Your meal looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post and the clock is brilliant. Have a good week, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a delicious meal Nancy and I really like the clock too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Bao Loh Fun reminds me of zha jiang mien and bibimbap. I would ask to change the Lai fun to mihun but I like to eat the other toppings especially the peanuts. How does the gravy taste like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of changing the lai fun but I was told that lai fun will taste better than other noodle so I followed. Good choice.

      Delete
    2. The Lai fun was it QQ and difficult to chew or soft?

      Delete
    3. The lai fun was nice to eat and not difficult to chew.

      Delete
  8. Two wonderful meals. Yummy. I want some of each dish.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bowl of fish balls have so much vegetables. Are there any noodles in the bowl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the glass noodle is under all the vegetables and fish balls.

      Delete
  10. ...I love the vintage metal trays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the beautiful post!

    Have a nice day)  

    ReplyDelete
  12. The chicken curry noodles look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some interesting decorations.

    It's nice to get to a restaurant that has something unique on the menu that you get nowhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. This place deserves a revisit.

      Delete
  14. Dear Nancy! What a lovely post. Dry curry chicken noodles looks delicious. Pictures are beautiful. Happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I should have kept the Jacob tray and hang it in the kitchen... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bonitas decoraciones. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your noodle order sounds interesting with the Chinese pickled veg. The first pic looks good too. The dry curry one doesn't seem to have much curry though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too agree that the dry curry noodle doesn't has much curry gravy.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...