Tuesday 27 April 2021

Chee Cheong Fun & Claypot Chicken Rice With Sour Mustard Green

After I have cleared the stock from the freezer, I wanted to rest from cooking until I have the mood to cook. I will be showing what we ate for 2 dinners. First dinner, hubby went out to the night market to buy 2 packets of steamed rice noodle rolls (chee cheong fun). 2nd dinner, we dined in at the clay pot chicken rice shop.

Sunrise at 6:48am
~~~~~
1st dinner (take away).
2 packets of steamed rice noodle rolls (chee cheong fun) with lots of dried shrimp and sprinkled with onion crisps.
Here is a closer look of the noodle. The curry was packed separately.
Steamed rice noodle roll (chee cheong fun) with curry added to it.
Ingredients in the curry were pig's skin and long beans.
Simple and satisfying dinner.
My Purple Jordan fig trees are fruiting again.
To prevent the birds from feasting on my figs, I will be wrapping the figs with plastic bags. I punched holes in the plastic for ventilation.
~~~~~
2nd dinner (dine-in) at Restoran WK Claypot House,
No. 101, Lengkok Rishah 3, Taman Silibin Ria, Ipoh.
Hubby and I shared this pot of chicken rice (small portion).
(Ingredients: rice, chicken, Chinese sausage & a small piece of salted fish).
A plate of sour mustard green, an appetizing dish.
Old antique kerosene lamp.
My father-in-law used to have a kerosene lamp just like the one on the left.


Your father's command is like a lamp.
Your mother's teaching is like a light.
And whatever instructs and corrects you leads to life.
(Proverbs 6:23, New International Reader's Version-NIRV)

41 comments:

  1. ...lighting sure has changed for most of us. My Amish friends still use similar lanterns. Thanks Nancy for stopping by, I hope that you are having an enjoyable week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those without electricity supply will be using this lantern.

      Delete
  2. Mustard greens 😋😋😋so tasty! Both your dinner I like but will eat half only. Fingers crossed you get a good harvest of figs. Do u eat all your figs raw?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that old kerosene lamp. And could not help but notice the players the food was served on. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chee cheong fun looks so yummy, but my favourite is that clay pot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best claypot chicken I ever had was in Vietnam. It was prepared to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Vietnam but I heard that the food there is really good.

      Delete
  6. Delicious and your figs are doing wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. The birds are keeping a sharp eye on my figs too.

      Delete
  7. You have an amazing green thumb, but your food rocks. I want to go out and eat with you. Yummy.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. That restaurant sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful proverb...and the food looks delish! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea about the plastic bags!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many tasty treats!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/04/cape-hatteras-lighthouse.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have got me craving for claypot chicken rice! The one at the mall is nice but the portion is too small for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you will have to order double portion to enjoy puas puas.

      Delete
  13. Your posts are always a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The kerosene really brought back memories. Enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2 dinners with different food, different venues. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your choices of food... one of these days, I also must try the CCF...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on the evening when there is pasar malam.

      Delete
  17. Tus higos se ven muy buenos. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been years since I have seen one of these kerosene lamps. Love your figs

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...