Saturday 3 April 2021

Prawns Tom Yam Soup, Vegetable Acar & Visitors In My Garden

I was craving for tom yam soup. I had 2 tubs of frozen prawns and I took out 1 tub to thaw. The ingredients needed were all available.
Ingredients used for cooking the above tom yam soup:
Lemon grass, galanggal, bird's eye chilies, lime juice, kaffir lime leaves, tomatoes, prawns, fish sauce, salt & sugar to taste. 
Hubby and I had double helpings of this prawn tom yam soup.
Thinking of this appetizing soup makes my mouth waters.
Another of our favourite - vegetable acar.
I can even eat this as a snack!
We can never get bored with these 2 dishes.
Our delicious home cooked dinner.
~~~~~
The following are snapshots of the House Sparrows that visited my garden on afternoon.
I was sitting in front of my computer when I heard tapping on the glass of the louvre window. I turned to look and I saw this little bird just outside my window. Was it trying to get my attention? I quickly grabbed my hand phone.
Then it flew to this flower pot near the window. It was chirping away as if to say, "Hurry up, I am here to pose for you!"
These snapshots were taken from inside my sitting room, through the glass.
Then another bird came to join in.
They were having a nice bird conversation.
If only I can understand bird language. 
They didn't stay still in one spot.
My hands were beginning to feel tired holding the phone.
Just then, one flew up onto the side wall.
And then followed by the other bird.
As if to say, the photography session is over.

Have a Happy Easter Weekend!


Jesus realized they wanted to ask him so he said,
"Are you asking yourselves what I mean?
The world will greatly rejoice over what is going to happen to me,
and you will weep.
But your weeping shall suddenly be turned to wonderful joy
when you see me again!
It will be the same joy as that of a woman in labor
when her child is born - her anguish gives place
to rapturous joy and the pain is forgotten.
You have sorrow now, but I will see you again and
then you will rejoice; and no one can rob you of that joy.
(John 16:19-22, The Living Bible-TLB)

59 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! I think the sparrow got drawn by the aroma of galangal in your tom yam soup :) It is one of my favorite soups, we call it tom yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shiju. I love tom yum soup too.

      Delete
  2. Slurp. I would enjoy the prawns tom yum. Now craving for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. I am a big fan of tom yum soups.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What appetising dishes for dinner. No wonder you are afraid of gaining weight! Lolx! 🙇‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya lo. I enjoy food and anything sourish is so appetizing.

      Delete
  4. So appetizing! I love your homemade tom yam soup. Beautiful birds :-)) Are they building the home in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. So far I haven't seen any bird nest in my garden. I think they visit to find food or worms in my garden.

      Delete
  5. Hello Nancy,
    Your meals looks delicious, I would love the prawns. Cute series of Sparrow photos. It looks like they wanted to pose for you, so cute. Thank you for sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen for hosting. Have a happy week.

      Delete
  6. Ooh tom yum from scratch. My mouth waters looking at it too!

    Very nice shots of the birds. What is the the adenium wearing a cap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha...I was expecting someone to ask about the cap and you are the first one. It was just my itchy hand placing the cap over the newly cut adenium stem. I only noticed it in the photos.

      Delete
    2. Haha... poor thing doesn't have a single leaf left.

      Delete
    3. Yes, it was not growing well so I thought I should do something about it to force it to shoot out new shoots.

      Delete
  7. I also likes this Thai Tom Yam Gung spicy sour taste.
    Oh, the name of the little bird on the window if in my country it is called 'burung gereja'.

    Happy Easter, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Himawan. Thanks for sharing the name of the bird.

      Delete
  8. ...Happy Easter to you, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. Hope you have a happy and blessed Easter too.

      Delete
  9. How funny that it tapped at the window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it did or else I would have miss the photography opportunity.

      Delete
  10. The prawns tom yam looks so yum, happy easter for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I mentioned before, whenever you cook prawns ( shrimps ) I will eat. LOL. Have a wonderful Saturday Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your meal looks fantastic and I love seeing all the cute little birds. Happy Easter to you and yours Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. Enjoy your week. Hope you have a blessed Easter.

      Delete
  13. Hello Nancy:=) There is nothing like home made soup, and yours looks particularly delicious. The Tom Yam soup looks YUM YUM soup to me.:=)
    Sparrows are sweet little birds, and you got some really good photos of them. Happy Easter Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Breathtaking. Hope you have a blessed Easter too.

      Delete
  14. Delicious soup! I would eat it in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nancy :) I love watching bird conversation too! :) I can only imagine what they talk about...oh your prawn tom yam soup makes my mouth water too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness, I wonder why he was tapping on your window? It is a HE, an English Sparrow, or what we call a House Sparrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny. I am glad the sparrow made the tapping sound on the window.

      Delete
  17. Nice foods enjoy your Easter regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steve. Hope you have a great Easter too.

      Delete
  18. You are the prawn Queen! That food looks delicious. And I loved the conversation between you and the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty little birds! Yes, they did seem to be talking to each other, and then left when they were done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I think they had a great meeting.

      Delete
  20. Tom Yam Soup is one of my favorites as are vegetable pickles. Your look terrific. I would love to have supper with you guys! The sparrows are so much fun. The cats spend hours watching them (and the other birds) Sending you Easter Blessings. Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb. I am glad we love the same type of appetizing food. Hope you have a blessed Easter.

      Delete
  21. I must cook clear soup tom yam like yours. I enjoyed your pictorial commentary on your cute avian visitors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, PH. I am still thinking of the clear soup tom yam.

      Delete
  22. Good to see house sparrows exist at your place and making a way into you garden, and that's neat shots for the mobile! Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bonitas e interesantes las fotografías. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  24. the birds let you know when it was quitting time after their job of posing for you))). I enjoy your home cooked meal posts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Is your tom yum soup clear soup or thick soup? Looks yums!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...