Thursday 15 April 2021

Taro & Pumpkin With Dried Shrimp & Herbal Soup

For the time being, I have regular supply of home grown vegetables but they are limited to what I have planted in my garden.

Long green okra.
Green eggplant/aubergine/brinjals.
Brazilian spinach.
Sweet potato leaves.
These were planted by hubby.
The purple hearts plant needed some trimming.
These cuttings were given to a friend.
~~~~~
Simple home cooking for dinner.
I took out some frozen pork ribs to thaw.
Herbal soup: Pork ribs with a packet of dried Chinese herbs.
I have been craving for taro. Bought a small taro and half pumpkin from the morning road side stall. Cook taro, pumpkin with dried shrimp and garlic, and at the end added the spring onion.
Our simple home cooked dinner without rice.
We each had a bowl of soup and we shared the taro + pumpkin dish.

They worshiped together at the Temple each day,
met in homes for the Lord's Supper,
and shared their meals with great joy and generosity -
(Acts 2:46, The Living Bible-TLB)

46 comments:

  1. Your hubby has a green thumb too! Your veggies are so healthy.

    Interesting taro dish but I'd rather have rice to eat it with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy. He is starting to have interest in gardening.

      Delete
  2. Oh, to add a dish of pumpkin soup with sliced ​​green onions, I am curious about the taste.

    Usually we process the pumpkin to make 'kolak'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yam and pumpkin! Thanks for giving me one, I cook it with pork ribs the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to buy again but the stall was not there.

      Delete
  4. I have recently tried eating Brazilian spinach and I like it a lot! I must try to plant them in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Brazilian spinach looks really nice. Love that green eggplants. Will they turn white or purple?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pumpkin taro dish is the best! It replaced the rice for carbs. Your garden has more types of vegetables than what I eat for a week. Lolx! How is your cauliflower? Any sign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still peeking and looking out for signs of cauliflower but so far nothing. I am beginning to think they might be kai lan Lol!

      Delete
  7. Tienes muy verdes las verduras. Se ve que las cuidas con esmero y están muy a punto para consumir.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and my eggplants are still tiny seedlings.

    ReplyDelete

  9. It's great to have your own garden with vegetables, have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. pumpkin with taro dish seems unique. I never try such dish before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice. This dish can be ordered in restaurants.

      Delete
  11. I think okra plants are pretty...but the flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your plants are beautiful and look so nice and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Homegrown is ever so much better than store bought. You both have a green thumb.

    Your dishes look most yummy.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden is full with amazing vegetables.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/vichy-aqualia-thermal-rehydrating-rich.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice looking plants in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so fresh veggies to pick and cook healthy dishes at our eye sight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy picking and eating the home grown veggie.

      Delete
  17. It looks like a good harvest in this garden.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Las plantas están preciosas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home grown foods look so good, always.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...