Thursday 29 April 2021

Prawn Noodle Breakfast & Teochew Style Porridge Dinner

We have been coming to this coffee shop for breakfast quite regularly. I noticed that there is a stall selling prawn noodle or Hokkien mee and I have been wanting to try the prawn noodle. On this particular morning, I ordered the prawn noodle for hubby and I to share.

Prawn noodle or Hokkien mee.
It looks good but the taste was so so only.
~~~~~
Back home in my garden.
I have recently planted 2 edibles and they are the "old cucumber" (loh wong kua in Cantonese) and the snake beans.  
Old cucumber (loh wong kua)
The old cucumber is good for boiling soup with pork rib, etc.
Snake bean plants.
~~~~~
Home cooked dinner
I have earlier soaked the dried cloud ear fungus but didn't get to cook it. To avoid keeping it too long in the fridge, I used it to cook omelette. 
Left over pickled vegetable with minced meat from the previous day's dinner.
I opened a small can of braised peanut just in case hubby doesn't like the cloud ear fungus omelette.
3 types of dishes for our Teochew style porridge dinner.
I had some leftover fried bacon from the previous day's dinner, so I added the bacon to the plain rice porridge for some flavour.

Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be
salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth.
If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness?
You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.
(Matthew 5:13, The Message-MSG)

44 comments:

  1. Just last weekend my partner was craving for prawn noodles but we ended up having chicken rice instead. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am thinking of chicken rice, haven't eaten for a long time.

      Delete
  2. Good idea to add bacon in porridge for flavour.

    You have green fingers, bet your plants will grow well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Even though I plant enough for our own consumption, I am thankful that God bless us more than enough to share with friends.

      Delete
  3. ...the prawn noodles look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad that prawn noodle dish did not taste as good as it looked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh..one of my favourite hawker fare is Hokkien mee. I can't get enough of the soup if its good. I am not into cloud ear fungus too but like pickle veg with mince meat. I make this often and canned peanuts are delicious just on their own. Good meal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kestrel. When I go to Penang, assam laksa and Hokkien mee are my favourites.

      Delete
  6. It's been a long time since I've seen a cucumber plant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this cucumber plant will give me good harvest.

      Delete
  7. Sorry that prawn noodle wasn't up to the expectation. Love those braised peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you get a good yield with the cucumber plants

    https://pagesfromjayashree.blogspot.com/2021/04/y-for-yule-ball.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The prawn noodle dish looks so good, sorry it wasn't great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. I have found a better prawn noodle.

      Delete
  10. As I said I love shrimp and I would eat them anytime but not for breakfast. Lunch, dinner and anywhere throughout the day & night except breakfast. Have a wonderful Thursday Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  11. Interesantes tus comidas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have that breakfast anytime. We don't eat breakfast in the traditional way. I often have a sandwich and chips or a cup of soup. I don't care for bacon and eggs very much. I'll come eat with you anytime.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Wish we could share our breakfast. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  13. You are so good with plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. I love and enjoy gardening.

      Delete
  14. Looks good but taste ok means not spicy enough? Tasty dinner as always. Did your husband like the cloud ear fungus omelett?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not spicy and soup not tasty enough, no oomph..lol! Hubby ate a bit of cloud ear fungus and I finished it.

      Delete
  15. appetising dishes for dinner! homecooked porridge is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nux. Actually I love Teochew porridge.

      Delete
  16. Comfort food!! Porridge anytime for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. Yes, especially Teochew style porridge.

      Delete
  17. A can of braised peanuts looks delicious! All pictures are perfect. I like posts of this site.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Snake beans grow well for you. I haven't seen them on the market for quite some time.

    Cloud ear omelette... well why not? Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...