Tuesday 6 April 2021

Pineapple & Mantis Prawn Fried Rice For Dinner

It was still dark when we started out on our morning walk. The moon can be seen clearly above us.

When I took this snapshot of the moon at 6:33am, it was partially concealed by the dark cloud.
On our way home, I stopped to take a snapshot of this multi layered petals pink hibiscus by the roadside.
~~~~~
I don't know what to do with the last packet of frozen mantis prawns. I was thinking of frying pineapple rice for dinner and adding the mantis prawns to the fried rice seemed a good idea.
Pineapple fried rice with mantis prawns.
Ingredients used: cooked rice, mantis prawns, pineapple chunks, egg, bird's eye chilies, big onions, minced garlic, tom yum paste, fish sauce, salt & sugar to taste. I also added in raisins and toasted cashew nuts.
Blanched home grown sweet potato leaves and okra, drizzled with garlic oil, oyster & soy sauce.
Delicious and satisfying dinner for 2 retirees.
~~~~~
The following photos were taken in April, 2015 near the Riverfront Hotel, Ipoh.
A replica of a gravel pump method tin mining in the Kinta Valley.
- same as above -
I haven't re-visited this place so I don't know if this place is still open for public viewing.


Shout for joy before the Lord, O earth!
Obey him gladly; come before him, singing with joy.
Try to realize what this means - the Lord is God!
He made us - we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Go through his open gates with great thanksgiving;
enter his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and bless his name.
For the Lord is always good.
He is always loving and kind, and his faithfulness
goes on and on to each succeeding generation.
(Psalm 100:1-5, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. Loved the post and thanks for sharing! Such a cute flower and the dish looks amazing! <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink hibiscus looks really beautiful! I too want some potato leaves...a yummy and healthy dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet potato leaves is easy to grow and very convenient whenever I need some greens.

      Delete
  3. ...it looks like a gold mine. The pink hibiscus sure is a beauty. Thanks Nancy for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like okra, but I never see it in the supermarket here :-(( Keep safe Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. Even though okra is very common here, it is still nice to grow in our own garden. Keep safe too.

      Delete
  5. I love cashew nuts in fried rice because they add creaminess to the rice. So tasty! I couldn't see mantis prawns in your fried rice, did you smashed up the mantis prawns into the rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby also commented that the mantis prawns hardly noticeable in the fried rice. Lol!

      Delete
  6. Cool sky shot and that Hibiscus is a really pretty one. Dinner looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved all your Tuesday Treasures. You got a memorable shot of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your homemade dinner looks most inviting. I love having our meals at home. They are usually far more healthier.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. When are you going to invite me over for dinner Nancy? LOL This particular dinner looks very tasty. Have a great day my friend.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul. Would love to have you over for dinner one day.

      Delete
  10. Another recipe to add to my cooking book. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sun was already shining when I walked the dog at 6:15 this AM and the Mon was shining in a bright blue sky. You supper looks amazing! I've not heard of Mantis Prawns so I looked them up-they are amazing creatures! Thanks for visiting us and we hope you have a marvellosuly happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your meals and flowers are always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, now I must remember to cook the mantis too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you better remember to cook the mantis prawns.

      Delete
  14. That's a pretty fancy replica!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many ingredients in your fried rice! I'd leave out the raisins if for myself, don't like the sudden sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only used a little raisins so the sweetness not detected.

      Delete
  16. It as so interesting to see the gravel pit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tu comida de verduras me encanta. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The prawn meal looks good. We had a coconut shrimp meal the other week. Delicious. I need to make it again or find another recipe to use the coconut milk in. Its still in the fridge. I use brown rice as its better for my husband as he's got diabetes. I actually like it better than minute white rice. Nice to see the moon. We see it when we walk at night. Usually its lighter out now when we walk since its daylight savings time. Enjoy your day. Nice scripture you shared. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grandma Beckyl. Have a blessed weekend.

      Delete
  19. Interesting to have raisins in your fried rice, must be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...another way to use up the raisins.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...