Monday 19 April 2021

Yummy Snacks For Lunch

This was on a Thursday about 2 weeks ago. We received a call from our friend inviting us out for lunch. A few places were suggested. Finally, we settled on Kedai Minuman Dan Makanan Taman Timur which we have not been for a long time. Whenever I visit this eatery, I will order my favourite snacks. In fact, we all love and enjoy these snacks.

I ordered 2 plates of pie tees to share. Pie tees is one of my favourite snacks. I have the pie tee mould but I am lazy to make the pie tee shells.
Crispy fried batter with rojak sauce and sprinkling of crushed peanuts.
Thin crispy pancakes with peanuts and canned corn filling.
Hubby ordered this unsweetened black coffee.
~~~~~
For dinner, we met up with the same friends at the Perak Stadium food court. On that evening, only a few stalls were open for business.
Hubby ended up ordering this yee mee with chicken and wine in a claypot. I took a few mouthfuls and it was tasty and flavourful.
I had a hard time deciding and finally ended up ordering this plate of yee mee. It looked good but it was disappointing because it had a weird taste. After hubby finished his noodle, I transferred the noodle from my plate into the claypot. The remaining soup took away the weird taste for me to finish the noodle. Someone was not willing to go home after dinner, so we ended up at Restoran Kam Wan Aneka Selera.
We ordered bbq fish (half a stingray) to share.
After this, everyone was satisfied and happy to go home.
White bougainvillea with variegated leaves from my garden.
Pink Mexican petunia blooms from my garden.
A friend blessed me with some cuttings and now I have plenty of cuttings to share with others.

Hallelujah! Thank you, Lord! How good you are!
Your love for us continues on forever.
Who can ever list the glorious miracles of God?
Who can ever praise him half enough?
Happiness comes to those who are fair to others
and are always just and good. Remember me too, O Lord,
while you are blessing and saving your people.
Let me share in your chosen ones' prosperity and
rejoice in all their joys, and receive the glory you give to them.
(Psalm 106:1-5, The Living Bible-TLB)

38 comments:

  1. I would love to try the crisp pancakes! Beautiful petunia, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy the crisp pancakes.

      Delete
  2. So wonderful to have meals with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...it's nice to get together with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to try the crispy pancake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I get to your blog Nancy, I get hungry. LOL Amazing plates to eat.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tus comidas siempre interesantes. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the snacks and the dinner. Sorry about the weird taste, but it looks like hubby knew what to do. Good for him.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing and delicious recipe thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so kind to share the cuttings. The white bougainvillea with its variegated leaves look so pretty. All the snacks look tasty. I wonder what is the weird taste in your noodle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks so deleicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, those snacks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wah! I like all the snacks. It is a nice change to eat like that for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific looking lunch! The Mexican petunias start from cuttings? I have never tried that. I shall this summer. We hope you have a marvellously Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can start from cuttings and seeds. Have a happy week.

      Delete
  14. What nice looking snacks, and your flowers are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The 'snacks' do look yummy but were they enough for lunch?

    The stingray that rounded up the day looks very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friends also order something else which I didn't take photos.

      Delete
  16. Woow crispy pancakes look great! Beautiful flowers, i love spring season. Have a wonderful day to you Dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...