Friday 30 April 2021

Salted Egg Yolk Cookies, Boiled Chickpea & Lazy Dinner

Last week, I had a breakfast appointment with 2 friends. We haven't met up for months since the 2nd movement control order. Hubby and I woke up early and we had plenty of time for our morning walk and returning home to get ready before driving out to meet my friends.

Sunrise at 7:45am.
My friends and I went to a new eatery to try curry noodle. We were busy talking and I forgot to snap photos of our breakfast. The curry noodle was like any average curry noodle and nothing special about it. On the drive home, we stopped to buy some cookies.
A rotating machine for toasting peanuts for making the cookies.
This machine removes the skin from the toasted peanuts.
My friend and I stopped to buy meat floss salted egg yolk cookies. The picture on the box shows cookies without meat floss. I think it is RM3 per cookie but I am not very sure.
I also bought the above snacks from the same place.
Boiled chickpeas for lunch.
I soaked the chickpeas in the morning before I went out.
~~~~~
I went into lazy mode.
I opened a can of mutton curry, blanched some home grown Brazilian spinach and cooked dried noodle for hubby. I cooked oat porridge for myself and ate most of the Brazilian spinach.
Sunset at 7:20pm
Evening sky (opposite the setting sun) at 7:20pm.
~~~~~
A friend shared with me the following photos of her flowering snake plant.
Photos credited to Shirley T.
Snake plant aka mother-in-law tongue plant.
Snake plants rarely flower.
When it does, it is usually because the plants growing in a flower pot is root bound.


Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him.
See that you go on growing in the Lord,
and become strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught.
Let your lives overflow with joy and thanksgiving for all he has done.
(Colossians 2:7, The Living Bible-TLB)

52 comments:

  1. Never seen a mother-in-law tongue in bloom! Sometimes a lazy mode is good :)) Fabulous sunrise you had. Wishing happy First of May Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta. Happy 1st of May to you too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sunset! I want some peanut candies. I have never seen snake plants flowering. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. I have snake plants flowering but the plants were not mine.

      Delete
  3. ...now that's a cookie that I have never heard of before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the boiled chickpeas. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. That snake plant is very unique and pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good stuff and pretty sky and flower shots too. Have a nice weekend Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. Wishing you a nice weekend too.

      Delete

  7. The food looks delicious as always. I had such a flower, it was grown in a pot and it stood on the window of my house. Have a nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lucyna. Have a nice weekend too.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry your breakfast was just so-so, but you made up for it with the cookies and your dinner. Excellent.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a fabulous weekend too.

      Delete
  9. That's interesting, I don't think I've ever seen a snake plant flower. Beautiful skies. That big peanut roaster is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first I have ever seen a peanut machine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am like you, eating oats replacing rice. oh, I didn't know that there is canned mutton curry. What brand is it so that I can look for it here, thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Mun, I am not sure what brand. Could be Yeo's or Ayam brand. Its my first time I bought it to try.

      Delete
  12. Greetings and Salutations, Nancy. I am glad that you went to visit some friends. Always enjoy the morning walk photographs. I do believe that I have never seen a Snake Plant before. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonitas las flores y los cielos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pleased you showed a photo of mother in laws tongue flower as I've never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Margaret. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  15. I have some potted plants at home. Have never seen a snake plant with flowers ... wow

    https://pagesfromjayashree.blogspot.com/2021/04/z-for-zoo.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely skies, and you may call it lazy but it looks like a very good meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. My lazy mode is still on. Lol!

      Delete
  17. Lovely sky pictures! Sun rise photo is Besutiful! Snack looks yummy. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now I find it quite difficult to find the long tongue-in-law plant [you call it snake plant] in the neighbor's yard. I want to plant it in a white potted container, it will look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This plant is good as air purifier too. It will look great in a white pot.

      Delete
  19. Some healthy snacks and dinner! Beautiful sky shots

    ReplyDelete
  20. My worry with getting biscuits would be freshness level. If not stale then ear biscuit, kacang tumbuk etc would be nice. The peanut candy I'd know for sure is good hehe. Ipoh signature mah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biscuits and peanut candy depend on their freshness. If not fresh, it will not be nice.

      Delete
  21. Wow ! I have never seen Snake plant blooms , Thanks for joining in Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very rare and seldom get to see one blooming. Thank you for hosting.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...