Saturday 7 July 2018

Dinner At Restoran Ah Meng, Johor Bahru.

We were informed that there was an invitation for dinner that night. We were told to meet at the venue at the given time. As expected, there was a big crowd at the restaurant since it was a public holiday. In the end we have to go upstairs where there is a big table available for 9 of us. When everyone is seated, a lady server came to take our orders. In spite of the crowd, the service was fast and in a short while the food was served.
First, the smack noodle. This is different from the earlier smack noodle that we ate on our first day in Johor Bahru.
This is steamed fish with Nyonya sauce.
Spicy sambal stinking beans with anchovies.
Bitter gourd or bitter melon with eggs.
Stir fry baby greens or choy sum veggie with garlic.
Steamed salted free range chicken
Dipping sauce for the chicken.
Deep fried baby octopus.
Everyone enjoyed the dinner as you can see from the almost empty plates.
The deep fried octopus plates were added towards the end of the dinner.
A yummy dessert to end a delightful dinner.
This is the Or Nee (taro paste sweet dessert) with pumpkin.
When mixed together, this reminds me of baby food! Lol!
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Saturday's Critters.
A rooster and a hen.
Another pair of chickens.
The white rooster and its bright red comb and wattles.

Linking to Saturday's Critters.

Come, let's talk this over, says the Lord;
no matter how deep the stain of your sins,
I can take it out and make you as clean as freshly fallen snow.
Even if you are stained as red as crimson, I can make you white as wool!
(Isaiah 1:18, The Living Bible-TLB)

42 comments:

  1. ...what colorful pairs, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, the food looks delicious. Love the pretty chickens. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen! Have a blessed Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Everything looked good on the table, including the dessert. Usually we don't order dessert after such sumptuous meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it is only 2 bowls of Or Nee to be shared by 9 people, a little bit to satisfy the taste buds.

      Delete
  4. That’s a great holiday meal, and i like the chickens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickens were my play mates when I was growing up in the village.

      Delete
  5. Muy buena comida. Me gustan los gallos y gallinas. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food looks delicious.
    Greetings.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the Smack Noodles for me! They look divine! I have never seen this dish before. What makes them Smack Noodles, how are they prepared?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only tasted the Smack Noodles in Johor. There is none in Ipoh.

      Delete
  8. well, I always say you have to tast it before you can say anything :) If I like it depends of the spices used. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are spicy, some are not. You have to taste it to know if you like it!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for your comment on my blog Nancy. It nice that you had such a feast with your friends on a busy Holiday and the food was served fast. I think I could try everything except the baby octopus , maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia! I ate a few octopus and stopped after starting to feel squirmish.

      Delete
  10. Everything look so delicious!!! Have nice weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alice. A nice weekend to you too!

      Delete
  11. What a feast. You two dine so very well.

    Have a fabulous weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. The food looks so wonderful...lots of dishes I've never tried but would like to taste! Cute chickens too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would say I like all the dishes together with the dessert but my favourite would be the salted steam chicken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gravy of the steam chicken is enough to keep me happy that I don't think I need any sauce hee hee

      Delete
    2. I too like the steamed chicken with the dipping!

      Delete
    3. My hubby will scoop up the chicken gravy and put it on his rice!

      Delete
  14. this time I would choose the nooedles and the fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good choices! Have a great Sunday, Ola!

      Delete
  15. The deep fried octopus is very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't mix the or nee when I eat it so that it does not look like baby food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I shouldn't have mixed it up like that! Ha ha!

      Delete
  17. Such a delicious meal, Nancy xx You certainly know how to make us drool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now looking back, I am missing all these good food!

      Delete
  18. How come so much fried baby octopus left?! Haha that'd be the dish I'd attack the most.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...