Sunday 8 July 2018

Lunch At Restoran Shang Hai Black Chicken Noodle, Johor Bahru.

When someone mentioned that we will be eating black chicken noodle, I was thinking the black chicken that we usually used for making herbal soup. When our plates of noodles arrived at our table, I noticed that it was not the black chicken that I thought of. It could be they named it black chicken because of the dark sauce they used to cook the chicken.
 This wonton noodle tasted quite different from Ipoh's wonton noodle.
 The noodle looks like the yellow noodle but it is not.
I am glad that I get to taste this unique black chicken noodle.
 The business is good here. We almost couldn't get a table.
 Another stall selling chicken, duck, pork rice is also enjoying a roaring business.
 Restoran Shang Hai Black Chicken Noodle is the corner shop.
 Next, we stopped at one of the mall to get some handy stuffs from Mr. DIY.
 Invitation to enter one of the cheapest shop!
What better way to spend a hot afternoon than in a swimming pool.
One for the album!
Thank God, I can still remember how to swim after so many years.

But if anyone keeps looking steadily into God's law for free men,
he will not only remember it but he will do what it says,
and God will greatly bless him in everything he does.
(James 1:25, The Living Bible-TLB)

50 comments:

  1. The black chicken noodle looks delicious. Oh, you went for a swim, how nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the word black chicken, I also thought of the one use in making herbal soup...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But turned out to be normal chicken! Lol!

      Delete
  3. Mouthwatering! Haven't seen black chicken over here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black chicken not very common. They have white feathers but their whole body is black.

      Delete
  4. Swimming! Such fun, it looks like you were having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi! Yes, it was nice to be in the swimming pool on a hot day!

      Delete
  5. El pollo se ve muy bueno. Muy buena tarde en la piscina. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to dip after a long day. Never seen such big plate of black chicken noodle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food always looks delicious! And what fun to spend time in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This type of noodles and chicken is what I want. Iy looks so tasty. Yum,yum. Have a blessed Sunday Nancy. See ya.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul! Have a blessed new week!

      Delete
  9. Yummy on the food. I want some.

    Swimming is like riding a bike. Once you know you never forget.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! The last time I rode a bike was many years ago!

      Delete
  10. I never heard of black chicken! But the dish does look good, even though it is not really black. LOVE seeing you, and now I am wondering if I can still swim. With the amount of fat on my body, I am very good at floating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so good in my swimming since I too have put on some extra weight! Lol!

      Delete
  11. You introduce lot of interesting dishes through your blog and where people throng means they produce tasty food. Glad you enjoyed the black chicken noodle, as well chilling in the pool. Cool snaps

    ReplyDelete
  12. As usual very interesting! Thanks a lot for sharing)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Black chicken sounds good. I would like to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual black chicken has white feathers but the whole body is black.

      Delete
  14. since the taste you say is unique I hope to try it one day. must be tasty for business to be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I get to taste food from another state!

      Delete
  15. I first saw black chicken 20 years ago in Singapore but I'm still yet to try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were taught to use it for herbal soups by our old folks.

      Delete
  16. What fun! Swimming, eating, shopping! ^.^

    That black chicken noodle certainly looks tasty, Nancy! Mr. DIY is one of my favourite shopping haunts ..haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! I also love to shop at Mr. DIY!

      Delete
  17. I don't know how to swim but i like soaking in the swimming pool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And let the water massaged your body! Lol!

      Delete
  18. Ah so it's black chicken as in dark soy sauce chicken. That real black chicken supposedly doesn't taste good anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal chicken cooked in dark soy sauce. Lol!

      Delete
  19. Wow! The black chicken noodle looks so yummy! Oh, you were in JB with Claire!

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...