Monday 2 July 2018

Lunch At Nyonya Treats Cuisine, Johor Bahru

Just before 12 pm, we drove out to the restaurant to meet up with my friend's relative for lunch. The venue chosen was Nyonya Treats in Taman Perling.
Again, we passed by this yellow feather.
Hit the main road to Taman Perling.
Took a snapshot of the shop from the car's front passenger seat.
Interior of the restaurant.
Wall and antique decorations.
Menu on the wall.
Chinese auspicious writing on the wall.
My friend recommended this cendol with durian to me.
3 bowls of iced cendol with durian @ RM 6.50
We asked for extra ice shaving to add to the cendol.
The green cendol from under the ice shaving.
If you look closely, you can see the beige blob of durian on top of the ice shaving.
The following were our orders for our lunch.
Nyonya style Chicken Rendang @ RM 21.00
Nyonya style Chap Chai @ RM 8.00
It tasted slightly different from our usual chap chai in Ipoh
Very tasty Nyonya Spring Roll @ RM 12.00
Nice fellowship over this delicious lunch.
We also ordered 3 plain white rice (S portion) @ RM1.00 per bowl.
Total lunch for 3 people came to RM 63.50.

And now, my little children, stay in happy fellowship with the Lord
so that when he comes you will be sure that all is well and
will not have to be ashamed and shrink back from meeting him.
(1 John 2:28, The Living Bible-TLB)

48 comments:

  1. I love those spring rolls..are they made beancurd sheet or pork?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie! They are minced meat wrapped with beancurd sheet.

      Delete
  2. good price for the cendol with durian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...the yellow feather can't be missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tom! I was attracted to the yellow feather!

      Delete
  4. Hello, the feather is neat. The food and restaurant look very nice! Enjoy your day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would just want to eat the cendol with durian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the amount of durian have shrunk! We almost missed it!

      Delete
  6. I would love the cendol and Nyonya spring roll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummy on all this wonderful food. I'm hungry. I want a bit of each.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has a beautiful interior to admire in black and red combo! Delicious food and chicken could be my fav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeevan! The chicken dish is yummy!

      Delete
  9. I love all the dishes, very good to go with white rice, the price is so affordable and reasonable

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My Goodness... SO much delicious food.... And it seems as if you enjoyed your meal and fellowship there very much...

    Love your scripture.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful place to eat a very nice lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nancy, very interesting, a very nice place to meet for lunch with your friends. I also liked the pretty art on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great outing you had with a great meal, and a verse that all Christians need to think and pray about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a yummy meal, Nancy. I love the ambiance - it's cosy and all good vibes! All the red decor is like what's in my home right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! The decor and ambiance reminds me of our home in my childhood days!

      Delete
  15. My oh my, Nancy. You've made me very hungry today. The restaurant looks very nice and I'm glad you enjoyed your outing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No I don't see the blob of durian haha. Over where I am, the trend is for a whole segment of durian to be placed on the cendol. Like 3-4 seeds of it. Like that definitely can see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I would love to have the whole segment of durina on my cendol too!

      Delete
  17. This time they gave more more durian in the cendol when we went there during the evening..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha have to search for the durian in the ice shaving.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...