Thursday 26 July 2018

Breakfast At Canning Dim Sum, Taman Canning, Ipoh.

This time, my friend suggested that we go to Kuala Sepetang for a one day foodie trip. This time we had a foodie team consisting of 6 people. We are thankful for our friend's 7-seater car to accommodate all 6 of us.

Our aim is the seafood lunch in Kuala Sepetang. We intended to have a light breakfast before we start our journey. Since we need to pick up our friends, we had dim sum breakfast somewhere nearby. My first visit to Canning Dim Sum in Canning Garden, Ipoh.  
At the front, we were greeted with cute decorations of different sizes of steaming tray.
There are also 2 nice garden chairs for anyone who wants to take a seat.
It was only about 8.30 am and the sun is already shining on the seats.
Operating hours: 6.30 am - 2.30 pm
Off day - Wednesday.
Filled with morning breakfast crowd.
Decoration near to our table.
I needed to go to the washroom.
The door is this traditional style wooden door with the wooden latch.
These will be enough for 6 people.
A type of siew mai (steamed dumplings)
Steamed fishballs
Steamed savoury glutinous rice with chicken (loh mai kai).
Steamed buns.
Deep fried bean curd rolls with fillings.
Taro or yam puffs (woo kok).
All the above items were more than enough but.....
But we wanted to try this steamed buns set that consists of different flavour fillings e.g. chocolate, black sesame, panda, yam, etc.
I caught sight of this pretty flower in the front garden.
Hope to return for another round of dim sum.
But for now, it is time to start our drive to Kuala Sepetang.

He isn't really being slow about his promised return,
even though it sometimes seems that way.
But he is waiting, for the good reason that he is not willing that
any should perish, and he is giving more time for sinners to repent.
(2 Peter 3:9, The Living Bible-TLB)

40 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice dim sum restaurant. Those buns look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice comfortable place to enjoy the dim sum!

      Delete
  2. Hola Nancy, bonito lugar. El desayuno fabuloso. Buen día. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the setting and decor. The steamed buns are cute.

    Dim sum. Long time I didn't have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy dim sum if taken once in a while.

      Delete
  4. Hello, thanks for the information. Have a nice day
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am drooling over the dim sum items!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...the traditional style wooden door with the wooden latch is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expected to see this traditional style door there but I did!

      Delete
  7. I like to eat one of each dim sum early in the morning so it is good that they open at 6.30 am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very convenient if it is near to your office or home.

      Delete
  8. They do close rather early, I like the seats and decoration near to your table, been a long time since I last had dim sum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have dim sum too often. Only once in a while.

      Delete
  9. Oh, nice. It's important to me that the restaurant is not just focused on food but also invests in their design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it that way too. Can enjoy the decorations while waiting for the food.

      Delete
  10. Se ve todo muy bonito, las decoraciones me gustan. Besitos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and restful place! I love the pretty chairs, and the steaming tray decorations. That is so creative! Some look like Mickey Mouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was more attracted to the decorations than the food.

      Delete
  12. One of the best meals I've ever had was dim sum in Chinatown in San Francisco. This reminds me of the carts coming and going and all the deliciousness.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tend to over eat whenever we go for dim sum! Hard to resist so many varieties.

      Delete
  13. These buns ❤ Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is a dim sum restaurant near here, i will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, please do and I hope you enjoy the dim sum.

      Delete
  15. The surrounds look very comfortable. The food looks beyond good. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the decorations, both outside and inside.

      Delete
  16. This eating place looks like a good one. I like the traditional features and I'm sure you'll return another time. Your trip to Kuala Sepetang must have been very interesting. It was interesting to see the different food, the way the fish is dried in the sun and the river scenery. I think you had a lovely time with your friends. Wishing you a good weekend and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very enjoyable trip especially with friends. Have a good week too!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...