Tuesday 31 July 2018

Hotpot or Steamboat Dinner At Restaurant Shabu-Shabu, Ipoh.

We came to know about this Restoran Shabu-Shabu quite some time ago but have never been until recently. Finally one Saturday evening, our friend remembered and wanted to try the buffet steamboat. We don't know what to expect as it was our first visit to this place.
We were there at about 7.15 pm and it was still bright.
The restaurant is at Jalan Gopeng and near to the Impiana Hotel.
We were informed that the tables in the air-conditioned room were all reserved and we had no choice but to accept the table allocated to us without the air-con.
We chose 2 types of soup base - chicken soup and seafood soup.
The ladies were busy picking the different foodstuffs for the table and I totally forgot to take snapshots of what we had picked. I only managed to take a few photos when I was seated.
Here are some seafood after being cooked such as prawns, crabs and some shellfish. You will have to request for the crabs and prawns from the servers.
Some crunchy deep fried fish paste dumplings.
They even have bbq skewered meat aka "satay"
We picked some beef and chicken satay.
Overall it was a wonderful steamboat dinner.
For senior citizens like us, we got to enjoy a cheaper rate @ RM 26.00.
2 days later, the rate was increased to RM 28.00
Shabu-shabu is a Chinese-Japanese nabemono hotpot dish of thinly sliced meat and vegetables boiled in water or chosen soup base.
I caught sight of this building left in ruins with creepers and filled with undergrowth. Another thing that caught my attention is the mini bicycle hanging under the big letter G.


But those who listen and don't obey are like a man
who builds a house without a foundation.
When the floods sweep down against that house,
it crumbles into a heap of ruins.
(Luke 6:49, The Living Bible-TLB)

38 comments:

  1. This restaurant is beautiful! I love the old building covered with vines!! Wish I knew the story about the bike! I have seen bikes attached to outer building walls as decorations! Maybe that is what it was doing there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! If only things can talk, they will have stories to share with us. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. So yummy this :) kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. shabu shabu is like steamboat so I dont quite like waiting for my food to cook in the soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see, but I don't mind picking the food I like and cook it myself. But must have the patience and time to enjoy the food.

      Delete
  4. Blessings.....
    never heard of until today.
    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fabulous dinner although eating in the air conditioned room would have been more pleasant. I love your foodie posts.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee! With steamboat or hotpot, air conditioned room is definitely much much better. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  6. I just had satay that time, once in a while i love to eat steamboat, both bbq and soup

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks delicious! The ruined building made an interesting photo, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...I wonder how long it will take for this old building to be replaced with something new? Thank Nancy for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, it is the tracing of the original owner that will be time consuming. Have a great day, Tom!

      Delete
  9. The exterior of the restaurant is quite appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! And they have a big space for parking.

      Delete
  10. Old buildings like that make me sad, they could be beautiful and useful.

    Glad you had a lovely meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have many of these old buildings around and sometimes the owners couldn't be traced. Have a great day, Mimi!

      Delete
  11. That is an interesting style of the restaurant it is neat to see it at night also. That is an interesting sign with the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to have on a cold day like what I have over here now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting some rain now and hope that it will rain more often to take away the heat.

      Delete
  13. I just returned from China and your post is reminding me of the scrumptious hot pots we had there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tasted China's hotpot but I am sure they are very tasty!

      Delete
  14. Attractive restaurant and as always delicious looking food.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found this interesting, if not to my liking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its alright, Jo-Anne. We all have our dislike and likes. Have a good day!

      Delete
  16. Long time I didnt eat buffet as nowadays can't eat much...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't had this for a long time... weight problem haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowadays, must choose non fattening food. Lol!

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...