Wednesday 25 July 2018

Deep Fried Goodies, Assam Laksa & Bye Bye To Penang.

I enjoyed our virtual tour at the M Mall. Next, my friend took me to another place.
Just walked across to the other side.
My attention was drawn to these two huge sculpture.

This was held in the hand of one of the statues
A British superintendent directing a Javanese of the Eastern Smelting Company.
This was the former site of the tin smelting company.
From the moving car, I caught this man in action in front of a truck selling durians.
They even allocated tables and chairs for durian fans.
We stopped to buy some deep fried goodies, highly recommended by my friend.
Customers were already queuing up at the roadside stall.
Crunchy deep fried taro or yam, neen koh (sweet glutinous cake), etc. coated in batter.
Finally, this was our last stop in Penang.
Kedai Makanan dan Minuman Taman Emas.
Another place to get delicious assam laksa.
2 bowls of assam laksa and 4 pieces of veggie dumplings.
Just look at the generous amount of fish flakes and thick soup. Add the prawn paste that came in the soup into the soup before you eat! After this, we took a leisure drive all the way back to Ipoh.
Upon reaching Ipoh, together with hubby, we went to our regular shop.
We ordered chapati, a type of Indian flat bread with curry gravy.
We brought out the tubs of durian we brought back from Penang because someone suggested eating chapati with durians and the curry gravy.
To my surprise, it tasted wonderful. Has anyone tried chapati with durian?
Here ends our one day foodie adventure in Penang.
*     *     *     *     *
The following pictures of the Japanese roses from my garden are for joining Floral Bliss.
#1 - single layer petals, yellow, light pink & deep pink flowers.
#2 - single layer petals, yellow flowers.
#3 - single layer petals, yellow flowers.
#4 - single layer petals, pink flowers with yellow center
#5 - multi layer petals, orange flowers
#6 - multi layer petals, pink flowers.
#7 - multi layer petals, red flowers.
Linking to Floral Bliss

When a man makes a jar out of clay, doesn't he have a right
to use the same lump of clay to make one jar beautiful,
to be used for holding flowers,
and another to throw garbage into?
(Romans 9:21, The Living Bible-TLB)

46 comments:

  1. Maravilloso paseo Nancy, gran comida. Me encantan las flores de tu jardín, son muy hermosas. Feliz día. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two sculpture guys ar so hilarious - a great eye catcher! I always love to see your culinary excursions that look so exotic to me. Enjoy your day Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta! Ya, I think the huge superintendent look very fierce!

      Delete
  3. Durian and chapathi... well I guess why not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could taste one fresh durian! The Indian flatbread looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a glut of durian this season! This stall sells very nice flatbread!

      Delete
  5. I have eaten durian with rice but not with chapati.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think chapati with durian tastes much better especially with some sambal added to it.

      Delete
  6. when you eat chapati with durian did you put sambal or curry gravy too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried both. I prefer the sambal, but my friend prefer curry! Lol!

      Delete
  7. ...the flowers come in so many lovely shades. 🌺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the combination of the various shades.

      Delete
  8. Those little dumplings look so appetizing. When I visit Asia I am always amazed at the different fillings that dumplings contain - and they are all delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that you love dumplings! Yes, they have many varieties of filling!

      Delete
  9. Seems like you have been eating quite a lot of durians, do drink lots of water to offset the heat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby! Have been eating lots of mangosteen and drinking lots of water.

      Delete
  10. The veggie dumpling caught my attention...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been sick and not eating very much since last Thursday. Today I'm very hungry. A good sign. All this food is making my mouth water. I want all of it. I think I could eat all of it.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee, good to know that you have got back your appetite! That is a good sign! Have a fabulous day too!

      Delete
  12. What IS this first place with all the lights around the pillars? The restaurant? Is this the same place where the awesome smelting sculpture is? It is gorgeous! And those pictures are my favorites. When I first read the sign, I thought it took them 100 years to make the sculpture, ha ha! Then I read it again and understood. I said WOW! when I saw them! You go to the most interesting places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The place that is all lighted up is sandwiched between the mall and the smelting sculpture.

      Delete
  13. The flowers were a joy to see today, a beautiful array of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the flowers, so colourful. Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did have quite a grand adventure that day. Lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous pictures what and adventure your are having.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an exciting trip, Nancy!
    Ooo ..I love your flowers - vibrant and good for the soul. Seeing them makes me feel happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! The flowers make me happy too!

      Delete
  18. I have never tried any of the food you have shown, so different from what I eat here.
    I did enjoy the flowers, the orange is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...