Tuesday 3 July 2018

Lunch At Spiced Malahotpot, Johor Bahru.

It was a Wednesday and my 6th day in Johor Bahru. We got ready and today's foodie experience is at the Spiced Malahotpot. My friend cautioned me that the food can be very spicy and we especially asked for the spiciness to be reduced.
First, we need to take a big bowl and pick whatever raw ingredients we want from here.
They will then weigh the items and charge accordingly.
While waiting, took some pictures of the wall decorations.
Wall decoration.
Here is our Malahotpot @ RM 30.90.
Total cost = RM 34.90 (incl. rice & drinks)
Whatever we have picked were cooked together.
Good thing, the cook remember to reduce the spiciness.
It was not very spicy, just nice for our taste buds.
I enjoyed this very much. We ate this with white rice.
*     *     *     *     *
The following photos are for joining Tuesday's Treasures & Image-in-ing.
Antique gramophone taken from the Qing Xin Ling Cultural Village.
Traditional meat safe (cupboard), F&N aerated drink bottles, and other antiques from the Nyonya Treats Cuisine.


Don't undo the work of God for a chunk of meat.
Remember, there is nothing wrong with the meat,
but it is wrong to eat it if it makes another stumble.
(Romans 14:20, The Living Bible-TLB)

34 comments:

  1. I remember my house had the same design cupboard when i was young.

    Malahotpot sounds very spicy leh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We requested for minimum spiciness! Or else our tongue will go numb!

      Delete
  2. ...the Antique gramophone looks shiny and new! I haven't seen one in years. Thanks Nancy for sharing, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days we can only see these gramophone in show rooms only.

      Delete
  3. Mala hotpot definitely not for me, hee hee. My lips will become swollen like sausages if I eat, LOL.

    The cupboard reminds me of my childhood days.

    You have a good week ahead, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not enjoy eating dry spicy stirfry food so I did not go eat at similar eateries like this in kl. good to hear the cook remembered not to put very spicy and you enjoyed your food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy the food! Maybe because I like spicy food!

      Delete
  5. Interesting that everything is all cooked together. Very practical hah...hah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try cooking this, will save a lot of time! Lol!

      Delete
  6. I would have cut down the spicy too. Looks very good.

    I love the walls. Someone is very artistic.

    Have a fabulous day, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like hot but knowing how hot means to me and those people, I'd probably stay away from hot. The Antique gramophone looks fantastic. See ya Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paul! To be safe we ask for minimum hot! Don't know how hot is the original hot!

      Delete
  8. Sounds really interesting! Thanks for the post, dear)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely treasures, and it is nice to be able to pick out your own food for the dish, you get only what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this, but I long time didn't eat liao...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon! Don't know when I will get to taste it again!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful and tasty looking malahotpot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The food looks amazing. Great treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I was getting ready for steamboat pictures! So it was a stir-fry dish? Looks really good whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...