Friday 13 July 2018

First Morning After Returning From Johor Bahru

Thank God for safe journey for my friend and I. We woke up the next morning and a beautiful sunrise greeted us. I have been away for 10 days and I missed watching the sky for sunrises, my early morning walks and my garden.
Sunrise @ 7.05 am
I overslept. So, we decided to skip the morning walk.
Instead, we drove to town for breakfast.
Stewed sweet, sour & spicy pork ribs with wonton noodles and a bowl of wonton dumplings.
I like the fine wonton noodles.
And hubby loves the soup.
*     *     *     *     *
After being away, I was anxious to say hello to my plants.
Green shamrock or green oxalis
This is another pot of green shamrock,
Something has gone wrong with the leaves.
Anyone knows what is the cause?
Pink flowers of the Dwarf Mexican Petunia.
Cucumber plant.
Malabar Spinach 
Time to harvest the chilies.
Winged beans or the four angled beans.
My fig plants are fruiting.
Sunset Bells
Coleus
During my absence, hubby has taken good care of my plants.
*     *     *     *     *
The following pictures are for joining Good Fences & Skywatch Friday.
Concrete and metal fence around MYDIN shopping mall in Johor Bahru.
same as above
Clear sky and fence in residential area.


God's Son shines out with God's glory,
and all that God's Son is and does marks him as God.
He regulates the universe by the mighty power of his command.
He is the one who died to cleanse us and clear our record of all sin,
and then sat down in highest honor beside the great God of heaven.
(Hebrews 1:3, The Living Bible-TLB)

59 comments:

  1. The bowl of wanton dumpling soup is very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soup here is very different from other stalls.

      Delete
  2. ...and who takes care of your 'farm' when you are gone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home sweet home. Good thing that your hubby took care of the plants. They seem to do very well except for the poor green shamrock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your trip went well and we too missed the sunrises from your side… but you got a wonderful one there. Though you hubby take care of the garden, the plants seemed wither without seeing you haha… just kidding. Nice plants and flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jeevan. My plants miss me and I miss them too!

      Delete
  5. ahhhh, i really love going here in your blog esp those food pictures! They just look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, beautiful sky capture. I love the pretty plants. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ocerslept but just in time for a beautiful sunrise

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah your husband also got green fingers because he took good care of your plants for you. No idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home! Thank God that you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ishmael! Thank God for journey mercy!

      Delete
  10. Lovely sky shot and nice plants.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonito amanecer. Tus flores han estado bien cuidadas. Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are some beautiful morning skies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely day and that breakfast looks so very good. I want some of each dish.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola Nancy, estupendo desayuno. Las flores son muy bonitas. Mis Oxalis pierden las hojas y comienzan así, si no tal vez se trate de un hongo. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I too think it is due to some kind of disease.

      Delete
  15. That dish looks so delicious, making my mouth water! Need to try and make something like this for myself. Thanks for the share, hope you have a wonderful weekend. Keep up the posts.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you arrived hoe safely, a beautiful sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blessings.....
    Great photographs.
    the spinach we call in Trinidad - Poi Poi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! Now I know what Poi Poi is in Trinidad!

      Delete
  18. You have so many types of plants and flowers in your garden!

    The sweet, sour and spicy ribs must be very flavourful, I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby! I never fail to order the sweet, sour & spicy ribs.

      Delete
  19. It is good to get away, and just as good to come home. Your sunrise is beautiful! We have a shamrock at the side of our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny! It is great to visit and return safely home!

      Delete
  20. The soup looks delicious.
    Your plants are in good condition.
    I envy the beautiful spinach.
    I do not want to grow at my place.
    Greetings.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that first photo and your plants look good to me. Happy weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Welcome home! It does look like your sweetheart took good care of the garden. That residential fence is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Magnificent sunrise shot and wonderful nature shots and foodie photos look delish!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your food, again. Thanks for showing us your plants. You have some very well guarded shopping malls. And an inspiring verse to end.
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yogi! Have a blessed weekend too!

      Delete
  25. Your garden survived well except for that shamrock. Hope it's happy already now that you are back.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...