Monday 26 October 2020

Assam Laksa For Lunch & Bak Kut Teh For Dinner

One evening, I suddenly remembered that hubby bought 2 packets of bak kut teh herbs and I had forgotten about them. To boil bak kut teh or herbal pork soup, I wanted to buy some pork ribs to add to the strip of pork belly that was in the freezer. 

So, the next morning on our way back from morning walk, stopped at our regular pork seller to buy pork ribs.
~~~~~
For lunch, we had assam laksa at Restoran Man CT with a friend.
These are home made stuffed items.
Fried dumplings and stuffed bean curd sheet.
We ordered 3 bowls of assam laksa and some of the above ingredients.
~~~~~
For dinner, I cooked bak kut teh or herbal pork soup.
Bak kut teh with pork ribs and pork belly.
Hubby doesn't like coriander leaves or I used spring onions.
Bak Kut Teh for dinner without any rice.
I kept the remaining bak kut teh for the next day's dinner.

Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
he is mine forever.
(Psalm 73:25-26, New Living Translation-NLT)

39 comments:

  1. Looks nice and someone has been cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. long time didn't eat bak kut teh! craving for it now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasty food! So nice that the pork shop is along your walking route for you to stop by and buy food. Do you bring your IC out with you on your morning walks? I am just guessing you don't bring wallet or handbags out with you on your morning walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My walking route very convenient with easy access to essentials and eateries. We take along our IC, phone and some cash in case we want to buy something.

      Delete
  4. I imagined the delicious taste of the laksa tamarind and the fried dumplings ...., hmm ... made me feel hungry immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a mouthwatering meal and those fried bean curd sheets look super crunchy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth is watering looking at your BKT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am satisfied and no BKT for the time being.

      Delete
  7. Yummy. I always enjoy your foodie posts. I'm hungry now.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has my tummy grumbling with hunger, everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This food looks so unusual for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful scripture from Psalms. Your lunch and the soup look delish. Hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dinner you made looks delicious. I also like the stuffed items and bean sheets at the restaurant. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aha I was wondering at the spring onions in the BKT. Oh my the assam laksa looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, whenever we want to eat assam laksa, this is the place we can think of.

      Delete
  13. That was a huge garlic in your bkt soup. The soup must be very favourful and tasty with so much garlic. Yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only put in 2 garlic bulbs. Hubby likes the garlic.

      Delete
  14. Comidas interesantes. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...