Tuesday 6 October 2020

Black Vinegar Pig's Leg & Pan Fried Prawn With Sambal Dried Prawn.

I am back to my home cooking. As long as I can harvest something from my garden, I will try to cook something for dinner. I harvested some Chinese chives and Malabar Spinach from my garden to cook for the 1st dinner which we shared with friends.

1st Dinner

I fried egg omelette with the Chinese chives.
I cooked Black Vinegar Pig's Leg with wood fungus, black beans and ginger.
Blanched Malabar Spinach and drizzled with garlic oil, oyster and soy sauce.
My friend contributed Petai with prawn sambal.
~~~~~
Next day, we received 2 white corns from our friends.
Steamed sweet white corns for lunch. Very sweet and juicy.
~~~~~
2nd Dinner
Trying to clear whatever vegetable from the fridge.
Home cooked dinner for 2 people.
Steamed home grown eggplants or aubergine and spread with sambal dried prawn paste.
Pan fried prawns and mixed with sambal dried prawn paste.
Steamed home grown red and green okras and served with sambal belacan.
Bauhinia Kockiana flowers from my garden.
~~~~~
Rukun Negara (5 principles) 
1. Belief in God, 2. Loyalty to King and Country, 3. Supremacy of the Constitution
4. Rule of Law, 5. Courtesy and Morality (taken from Wikipedia)

Mural on a school wall.
The National Monument is a sculpture that commemorates those who died in Malaysia's struggle for freedom, principally against the Japanese occupation during World War II and the Malayan Emergency, which lasted from 1948 until 1960. It is located in the Federal capital, Kuala Lumpur. (Taken from Wikipedia)


For, dear brothers, you have been given freedom;
not freedom to do wrong, but freedom to love and serve each other.
For the whole Law can be summed up in this one command:
"Love others as you love yourself."
(Galatians 5:13-14, The Living Bible-TLB)

45 comments:

  1. Don't you just love frest sweet corn? This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the prawns look great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pan fried shrimp menu was delicious and mixed with the dry chili paste .... it made me hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I would love to eat the Pan fried prawns and mixed with sambal dried prawn paste. By the way, what the heck is sambal?
    Have a great Tuesday Nancy.

    Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sambal is a spicy combination of chilies, onions, dried prawns, prawn paste pounded together to make a paste.

      Delete
  5. Your homemade meals are the best and even better if they are from your own garden to the dinner table. Respect! I miss Chinese chives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy. I want some of each dish. We love homemade meals too.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious couple of meals. Anything with prawns is always a plus for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious home cooked dishes! Have you tried eating raw corns before? Very nice especially you have white sweet corn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have tasted raw corn and they are very sweet and juicy.

      Delete
  9. Nice and healthy home cooked! Beautiful flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining this week's party at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/10/snow-in-september.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I want your big pot of vinegar pork legs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks tasty. I love this quote from Galatians.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never seen white corn before and I do like your dinner plates.
    The meals look appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can only buy white corns from the highlands.

      Delete
  14. 1st & 2nd dinner - both looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The prawns look so tempting. And i like the look of the eggplants with sambal prawn paste.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fresh sweetcorn is just the best, yum yum. Hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many good vegetables, the home grown corn would be a favorite here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesantes todas tus comidas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok that's it, I love every single food photo on this post.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...