Friday 30 October 2020

Home Cooked Tom Yam With Prawns And Coconut Milk

Last Saturday we had breakfast appointment with our friends. Our friends will be picking us up at about 8am but we were up early as usual. No morning walk but I busied myself sweeping the porch area and watering my plants.

Breaking of dawn at 6:54 am.
Sunrise at 7:15am
Sunrise at 7:48am.
Self-propagated Cockscombs.
They grow and flower the whole year round.
~~~~~
Instead of going out to Ipoh town, we went to Menglembu area for our breakfast. This time we chose Restoran Meng Meng Kee in Taman Bandar Baru, Menglembu.
My friend and I ordered this noodle. It is rice noodle (lai fun) served with minced meat, long beans, fried bean curd sheet, beansprouts, and soy sauce. Next time, I will ask for the spicy version which should taste even yummier.
Extra fried stuffed bean curd sheets soaked in plain broth.
~~~~~
We also had lunch appointment with the same friends because they too want to try the assam laksa in Restoran MAN CT in Taman Ipoh Jaya.
Assam Laksa with stuffed ingredients.
~~~~~
For dinner, I cooked Tom Yam with prawns and coconut milk. I need to finished the tom yam paste in my fridge.
Prawns Tom Yam with coconut milk.
I added in carrot, onions, and home grown eggplants.
We each had a plate of steamed rice to go with the tom yam.
If I had steamed more rice, we would be tempted to eat more.


Whenever you feel tempted to do something bad,
you should not say, "God is tempting me."
Evil cannot tempt God,
and God himself does not tempt anyone.
(James 1:13, Easy-to-Read Version-ERV)

46 comments:

  1. Beautiful skies and flowers. I see a bird greeting the dawn. The bean sheets in soup look very appealing to me. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy tom yum! I can eat this with lotsa rice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom Yam prawns in coconut soup sounds and looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice post 😊 thanks for your sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    Pretty sky and start to you day. The flowers are pretty, I like the color. Your meal looks delicious. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos and beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...self-propagating flowers are a gift, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beautiful morning sky shots and your pretty flowers. The food looks delicious as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tom yam looks good. I like coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful skies, beautiful flowers and yummy on the food. I've not had breakfast yet.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Nancy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandee. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  11. Great skies, beautiful flowers, tasty food, and an excellent verse. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cockscombs are so pretty. I had no idea they bloom all year! I cannot think of another plant that does this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sky to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dinner of prawns and home grown brinjals is the best! So tasty! Good that Ipoh is still green. So did your friends go home after breakfast and then make another trip out to pick you all up for lunch or meet at the lunch place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our friends came out again to pick us up for lunch.

      Delete
  15. I want some of your sambal prawns slurps! The sky shots look lovely. Good to have friends company for meals.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bonitas fotografías del cielo. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The skies and flowers are always special.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cockscomb blooms.It would be my pleasure if you join my link up party related to Gardening where you can share about plants and flowers here at http://jaipurgardening.blogspot.com/2020/10/garden-affair-bleeding-heart-vine.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can only drool at those delicious dishes! Still 'grounded' for the Selangor MCO.

    Seems quite easy to make that tom yum from paste. Giving me ideas now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy the ready made paste that comes in bottles from Thailand. I bought the dove brand. If you don't want to use the paste, you can also cook tom yam with clear broth using natural ingredients like chili padi, serai, lengkuas, lime, etc.

      Delete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...