Saturday 10 October 2020

Penang's Hokkien Mee, Oyster Omelette, Assam Laksa & CKT

This was another short day trip to Penang with friends. We woke up early to water my plants and waited for our friends to come pick us from our house.

Lovely sunrise at 7:30 am. A nice day for travelling. We had a smooth drive all the way to Penang.
1st meal of the day - breakfast.
Best Hokkien Mee or Prawn Noodle at One Corner Cafe, Penang.
After breakfast, we walked over to the New World Park Food City just to check out the place.
Saw this crow above me as I walked past.
Then it flew over to this palm tree.
Decoration at the New World Park.
Walking back to the car park.
Passed by this way to the car park.
Stop at this place for a drink and also for the oyster omelette (oh chien).
We ordered 2 plates for 4 people.
Generous amount of "oh chien" or oysters.
Bought these mini egg tarts from the next door shop.
Then we drove to Sin Hwa Kedai Kopi.
Ordered 2 bowls of assam laksa for 4 people to share.
And 2 plates of fried flat rice noodle or char koay teow for 4 people to share. Here ends another foodie mini marathon in Penang. 


Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him.
With them alone he shares the secrets of his promises.
(Psalm 25:14, The Living Bible-TLB)

42 comments:

  1. How I miss oh chien!!! Char koay teow looks so yummy too, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of sky is breathtaking. Thank you so much for sharing.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/10/chanel-joues-contraste-powder-blush-55.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice foodie trip to penang. How i miss malaysia. No hard boiled egg in the penang hokkien mee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I can't remember whether there is hard boiled egg in the noodle.

      Delete
  4. That is a wonderful sky...a nice day to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...now that you have made me hungry I need to have my breakfast. I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful day out and always a delight to meet up with friends. Those egg tarts look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh look at all those yummy food. I'd love to be able to pop to Penang. It's rather far for us. Hubby doesn't have the patience to drive all the way and I don't drive if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true that the distance to Penang from your place is quite far.

      Delete
  8. Ah, food is so good. I feel like eating the mini egg tarts. Are there any other crows there? Weird to have only one as usually there are more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one crow flew into the New World Park. I have seen many crows outside the park and all over the island.

      Delete
  9. Love the colorful decorations, but the crow is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was very delicious, I liked it:
    https://campogeno.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/silvesteressen.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never have oyster Omelet before surely gonna try it

    Have a nice day
    Kinza Khushboo
    Blog
    Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love fresh oysters but not sur if I would enjoy them in an omelette. Have a good day Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many beautiful places and wonderful foods.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Se ve todo muy interesante. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,

    Pretty sky shot, it is nice having the beautiful weather while traveling. The Crows must be found around the world. The food all looks yummy! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Your visits and encouraging comments are greatly appreciated. Please leave me your name and blog link for me to visit you. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...